How many of you are buying the Wi-Fi Version now and the 3G Version later?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WizardHunt, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

    WizardHunt

    Joined:
    May 11, 2007
    Location:
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    #1
    I am wondering how many of you out there are really wanting the iPad so bad that you are willing to buy the Wi-Fi version now, and then when the Wi-Fi +3G comes out buy that one as well and either keep the first Wi-Fi version you bought or sell it on E-Bay?

    I am considering that but not sure if I will go through with it. I am sure I could get most of my money back on E-Bay or even if a bit less is ok. I do have the Wi-Fi + 3G version on pre-order but, I have a strange feeling there will be a delay on the Wi-Fi + 3G version and it will be Mid May or end of May before we get that one.

    What are your opinions out there on this?
     
  2. jedolley macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2009
  3. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Location:
    california
    #3
    i know I dont apply, but im just getting the wifi.

    i have a iphone 3gs, i dont want to have two 3G plans.

    buying a WIFI and returning it later for the 3G is a bit...extra IMO.
     
  4. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2002
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #4
    I plan to get whatever the 3G model is when the iPad 2G comes out.
     
  5. JimmyTheKnife macrumors member

    JimmyTheKnife

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    Oregon, USA
    #5
    I started out pre-ordering a WiFi-only model on the Friday when they opened the gates. By Saturday I had second thoughts and pre-ordered a 3G model as well. I just couldn't stand having to wait another 30+ days before getting my iPad. So I will use the WiFi model until I get the 3G and then do .... something with the WiFi. Maybe give it to my daughter. Maybe eBay. Maybe sell it to someone at work. I figure I wasted more money on sillier things. :)
     
  6. MikhailT macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #6
    I have no needs for the 3G, I can access via WiFI anywhere I go now. I barely use more than 50mb on my iPhone monthly. I do plan to get 3G unit when my iPhone contract ends a year or two from now. I'll get a simple phone and use the 3G on iPad instead. I don't use the voice and don't care much for SMS. 98% is data on my iPhone.
     
  7. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2010
    #7
    are you not american?
     
  8. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Location:
    california
    #8
    according to my BC i am. why do you ask daniel-son?
     
  9. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2002
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #9
    Are you not an American?
     
  10. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2010
    #10
    that is right. that is why it was unnecessaryyyyyy.
     
  11. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

    WizardHunt

    Joined:
    May 11, 2007
    Location:
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    #11
    I hear you. I just may pull the trigger on a Wi-Fi version so I can be playing with it for 4-6 weeks before the Wi-Fi + 3G version comes out. I have a friend who might buy it too, or there is like you say and I said earlier, E-bay buyers will buy anything. :D
     
  12. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Location:
    california
    #12
    kinda heavy on the y daniel-son.

    resume wax on, wax off.
     

Share This Page