How many of you are on some form of upgrade program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DUIduckSAUCE, Dec 6, 2016.

?

On some form of upgrade program

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

I read a lot of people saying to wait for the 2017 iPhone. With all of the upgrade programs available that allow you to upgrade to the latest and greatest, made me wonder how many use these programs.

2. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

If one was available in Canada I would but sadly none are available. Oh well.

3. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Apple Upgrade program - started 7 months ago. Wife and I are planning on keeping till early 2018 instead of doing an early upgrade. Tho, that might change early next year... (when our year is up).

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

5. High Desert macrumors regular

On the upgrade program with Verizon - pay half of phone off, upgrade to new phone next year.

6. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I'm on the yearly upgrade contract with O2 in UK. Biggest mistake I've made.

My contract had reached a year a week after the 7 & 7 Plus launch.

Due to the fact I'm on the Refresh contract, I have to go in store and hand my phone back to collect my upgrade device. Sounds absolutely fine in principle, however this has been massively mismanaged by O2.

New customers are able to order the 7 & 7 Plus via the O2 online channels, submitting their order and having it delivered when available. As I'm on the Refresh contract I have to wait until the store I visit has the device I want in stock, in store.

Us O2 Refresh customers were told to expect in store stock by 30 Nov, which I wasn't happy about but accepted. When I enquired about stock on the 30th, I was told to expect yet another wait, 6 weeks!

It has now reached I point where I probably won't upgrade as, with you having to see out a year on the device, I would be way out of sync of the standard iPhone launch schedule.

Lesson learned. I'll go back to recycling my device and paying off my contract using a 3rd party each year and getting the new device elsewhere. I think I'll have a look at the Apple annual next time.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

AT&T one year upgrade program so I have the option to upgrade to the new iPhone in September.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

We are on T-Mobile jump on demand. I guess that technically means I can upgrade whenever I want but I haven't felt anneed to on my line.

I see no reason not to be on a program like this. With all the promos they're throwing around I am always saving money over buying outright anyway.