iPad How many of you carry your ipad on the go?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How many of you carry your ipad on the go?

1. I only use my ipad for at home

23 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. I use it only for on the go/business

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I use it both equally at home and out

81 vote(s)
    76.4%
  1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just wondering to those who have any ipad or the new ipad air have ou bought it for house usage only or do you take it most places you go? or both?

2. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

My iPad Air has been staying at home while my iPad 1st gen. is my road warrior.

3. bambooshots macrumors 65816

With the iPad 1 it was mostly at home.

With the rMini it'll probably be more places. Feels less intrusive pulling that out than the full sized iPad.

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I carried mine to college last year. It did a fair job instead of a laptop, but with the new Macbook Air's being able to pretty much match it battery wise, it has been relegated back to lounge use.

5. chabig macrumors 68040

I glued mine to the desk with epoxy. Why anyone would want a portable iPad is beyond me.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

My biggest issue with Apples iPad lineup is that they don't make a Model that fits in your back pocket (like the Nexus 7 or Kindle) so they all require carrying a purse.

So to answer the topic, due to the sizes I don't take my iPad with me nearly as much as I want to and that's a shame. (It's also why I got the Air this round. If it's not leaving the house I might as well get the bigger screen.)

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

If I can fit a tablet in my pocket imo it's too small

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Ever since the iPad 3, I've been carrying mine with me all the time. The iPad 2, well, I just didn't use often because the pixelation bothers me. :eek:

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/

10. Macalway macrumors 68020

This is sufficiently twisted I must say :)

11. kap09 macrumors 6502

Mine comes along in the messenger bag every day.

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Same here

13. MtnMutt macrumors newbie

Mine goes backpacking and even use it to Geocache, also at home/work. All around tool.

14. puma1552 macrumors 601

The only time mine has ever left home was when I was taking my car in for service and waiting for it.

I'm not in college, I can't be screwing off at work with an iPad, and I don't hang out at Starbucks.

Thus, the iPad really has no reason to go with me anywhere. I typically don't leave the house if all I am planning on doing is playing with an electronic device, I can do that at home.

If I were in college, I'd probably have it with me though for the hell of it.

15. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502a

For those of you who do typically take your iPad out, what is it about the iPad that can't be done on your phone?

16. JGWolven macrumors regular

My air literally goes everywhere with me, and typically, that's mostly work. I can't put the damn thing down. I love it.

17. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

My Ipad mini slips into my jacket pocket and goes pretty much everywhere I do.

18. thefreeagent macrumors member

It's not always what can't be done on the phone...

....but rather what can be done WAY better and more agreeably on the iPad. Basically, everything except for phone calls, and the random lil immediate pocket computing tasks the iPhone fulfills from time to time. (Weather, Google translate, Bank account stuff, etc.)

My since I bought the 1st generation 3G model (then the 2, the 3rd gen, and now the Air) iPad has almost always gone everywhere with me. The grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan helps with that too....

19. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

I think those who use their iPads only at home mostly opted for the 16gb version. Those on the go probably 32gb or higher.

The home only users can wifi stream everything from their computer so don't need the large storage space, whereas those on the go need to take a good chunk of their iTunes library with them.

20. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Not so much that I can't do it on the phone but some things are just easier to accomplish using the iPad. For me, that includes viewing/annotating letter-size PDFs, remote desktop, etc.

21. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

My iPad goes in the messenger bag everyday and goes with me almost everywhere. On breaks at work I can catch up on personal emails, search the web and work on my daily journal. During some meetings at work I use it with penultimate and my Evernote Jot Script stylus to take notes. Outside of work it can come in handy at times as well. Sure I can do all that on my iPhone as well, but it's so much easier on the iPad.

22. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

Mine goes everywhere with me. My Air has already collected over 4,000 frequent flyer miles :D.

23. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Mine is mainly used outside my house for work and travel. But i will sometimes use it at home for a quick game or need to look up something quick...

Well, I that's how I use my ipad 2. I'm still waiting on my 3rd Air replacement...

24. syd430 Guest

Your poll is terrible. What if I mostly use it at home and occasionally take it out? According to your poll I either never take it out at all or use it home/take it out equally.

25. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

Strangest post of the week.

R