How many of you compromise on design to protect your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ecke-case, Sep 13, 2015.

?

When buying a case for iPhone, do you favor a minimalist design or a high level of protection

Poll closed Oct 13, 2015.
  1. Minimalist design

37.8%
  2. High level of protection

13.5%
  3. A combination of both

29.7%
  4. I like statement cases

2.7%
  5. I don't use a case

21.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ecke-case macrumors newbie

Ecke-case

This thread is to find out how many of you make a compromise between design and protection when it comes to iPhone cases. Do you feel that you are hiding your iPhone's design by covering it with wrap-around cases to protect it? Or do you actually like statement cases?
    How would you like a case that offers as much protection but covers less than 15% of your iPhone's surface?
    I am asking these questions because I have developed an iPhone case that I will soon try to commercialize with the help of a kickstarter campaign and would like to do a sort of a mini-market research online with your help.

Problem:
    • Cases can be too bulky to carry easily
    • Thin ones don't protect enough
    • Hide the design
    • Intervene with some functions of the iPhone
    Solutions we are aiming at:
    • Eliminate the bulk
    • Protect from drops and fall
    • Reveal the design
    • Keep functions accessible
    • Provide easy use, slide on and remove in one go
    EckeCover.png

ecke-case.com

2. AE14 macrumors 6502a

I actually just got the incipio dual
    Pro. My local non authorized Verizon store had a deal on it. Gotta say, the feel is great and the build quality is quite
    Good. If my 6s plus fits, which it should, this will likely be my daily case

3. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

I'm all about anti-bending, and protection. Lithonic Rugged case is 1000% better than ottercrap box.

4. r0ll0 macrumors newbie

Otterbox Defender without the built screen protector.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Up until the iPhone 6 I didn't use cases. Now it got too thin so I go for a case that will protect it and add some thickness to the phone.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Im been thoroughly pleased with the Apple case. Grippy. Have dropped a number of times with no damage. Reasonably thin. Its been pretty much perfect.

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

8. Ecke-case thread starter macrumors newbie

Ecke-case

Thank you everyone for giving your opinion. @mrkramer, that is exactly what I did. No case until the iPhone 6...

9. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I generally go for a more minimalist design, but have cases with a bit more protection as well. I use the Apple Leather case quite a bit, which is very slim and feels fantastic in the hand (and prevents dropping due to the phone slipping out bare). My most used case is a Tech21 Evo Mesh, which is slightly bulkier than the Apple cases, but still quite thin. however, the impact protection is quite good to be honest and I also like how that case feels in the hand. I'm going to get a new leather case for my 6S, but will probably keep the same Evo Mesh for much of the time. I can't stand super bulky cases.

10. Ecke-case thread starter macrumors newbie

Ecke-case

I don't want to sound like a awful spammer or marketer, but you opinion really counts. Would you consider eke case? ecke-case.com