How many of you could care less about the 3G iPhone and just want 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baseballbent, Jul 1, 2008.

1. baseballbent macrumors member

i know i do

i just cant wait to get some awesome games and other apps.

especially a video camera!!!! yaaaa!!!!:D

no more relying on an internet connection to play games and keep myself busy

2. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

3G iPhone offers nothing for me, I just want the new firmware with the features it should have had when it was released.

3. friekunater macrumors 6502

4. Earlet9 macrumors member

"How many of you couldn't* care less about the 3G iPhone and just want 2.0?"

Fixed... I want iPhone 3G, mostly for GPS but also for faster internet and 2.0 is a huge factor also. :cool: Guess it's kind of 50/50

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I want 2.0 and not the iPhone mainly because 1) I own an iPod touch and 2) the iPhone would barely work where I live, and I can't afford the plan for the one carrier that does provide here.

If it weren't for 2.0 I would have already sold my iPod touch...come on Apple, make me fall in love with it again.

6. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

Iphone 3g is gonna be amazing... So excited. The features of 2.0 are great, but the 3g iphone with gps makes them even better.

7. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

8. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

There's no 3G coverage where I live, and no non-contract phone available. I'll stick with my first gen.

2.0 is going to be great, though. All the dumb little crap that will be available, over the cellular connection. Can't wait.

9. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Actually there are no-commitment prices of 599 and 699 respectively... just to help you make your decision on whether to get one or not.

10. friekunater macrumors 6502

speakers might help..!!!!

*pissed*

11. Badgerguy macrumors member

I don't yet have an iPhone, and am waiting for the 3G model - but for me the most powerful feature of the phone will be what's coming in 2.0; the ability to run software.

Apple's doing a great job so far fostering a developer community, and getting people building Apps for the iPhone - coupled with the AppStore for delivery, it really sets the iPhone apart from other Smartphone platforms like Windows Mobile or Symbian.

One of the first things I'll be doing (aside from blinging my phone out with accessories!), is getting onto the AppStore to see what's waiting for us there :)

--
    BG

12. madbad01 macrumors member

I've been using an iPhone here in Melbourne since it was released, unlocked on Optus. I get everything the same as AT&T customers in the states except YouTube (not without WiFi). Unfortunately everything runs on GPRS which is so slow.

I'm looking forward to fast internet, real GPS and pretty much everything about the iPhone 3G and software.

13. kdog1176 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think the 2.0 update and mobileme overshadow the iPhone 3G.

14. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

2.0 is amazing. MobileMe support and AppStore is all that is needed to outweigh the iPhone 3G...

But it'd be nice to have 3G and GPS...especially since I use the internet a ton and rely so much on my GPS (which is outdated like five years).

15. gandalf18 macrumors member

2.0 is definitely the bigger draw for me. The rest is nice, but not totally necessary. Once Apple releases a 32GB version, then I will seriously consider upgrading.:)

16. mark34 macrumors 6502a

All the previous posts about HUGE Disappointment about the WWDC keynote... huh?

To me, the beauty of many of Apple's announcements is that current owners, new owners, and upgraders all can be excited. It was like with the Apple TV 2.0 software and release of units with bigger hard drives. As an existing owner at that time I got to have my Apple TV reborn as a killer device without doing anything.

Same goes here. For the existing owner: 2.0, app store, MobileMe; all huge

For the upgrader: 3G, GPS, slick new design; all a big deal for those who value those features

For the new buyer: the iPhone rocks, it now rocks even more

That's why the whining posts get under my skin. Wishing for certain things is cool, but there is this venomous response as though they have been cheated in some way. huh? the power of choice

17. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

I am definitely more interested in the new firmware than the 3G and GPS functionality.

I am excited to see just what rolls out on the App Store.

18. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

I could care less. Considering I care A LOT about the 3G, it's still possible for me to care a little less....but still a lot. :D

19. mark34 macrumors 6502a

HA... here we go again. bring out the chart!!!

It makes me laugh that this has come out so often in these forums. It has been a pet peeve of mine for many many years. I don't hear it often, but occasionally I hear someone say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less" ; it is like fingers on a chalkboard and I use all my will to not say anything.

20. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

21. wako macrumors 65816

I guess for current iPhone users, they wont really care about the 3G capabilities. But to people who will be buying the iPhone for the very first time, they care more about the phone then the software update :D

... like me :D

22. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

I just want 2.0 as soon as possible. I'm hoping to make my iPhone last until the third generation comes out.

23. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

I want the 3G iPhone. Though I only have a touch at the moment (on ebay), so its not the same as an upgrade from an iPhone v1.
    My main reason is as its so much cheaper than the first iPhone (I'm in the UK).
    I also want the 3G internet for usable speeds. GPS is more a gimmick for loopt for me.
    But i want an iPhone over an iPod Touch for all the 2.0 apps that will benefit from the internet. (and I always wanted the iPhone anyway, just couldn't afford the crazy prices of the old one)

24. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I'm waiting for the 3G iPhone, but apart from GPS (which would be handy), 2.0 is the main reason I am buying it, for access to the app store.

Oh ... and for it's damn good looking enclosure! :cool::apple:

R-Fly

25. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I am going to be in line on the 11th for my 3G iPhone. I could care less, but I don't want to.