How many of you DON'T have a Facebook or Twitter?

How many of you don't have a Twitter or Facebook?

• I have neither

Votes: 63 40.9%
  • I have both

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • I have Twitter

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I have Facebook

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't have a Facebook account. I have a Twitter account. I have sent like 3 tweets. I mainly follow sports stuff on Twitter.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Tried FB years ago... I found out why I didn't want to talk with my old "friends"... deleted my account.

Never tried twitter, anyway when something good happen on twitter, they release the information in the news site...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I have/need both.

Facebook for friends and family.
Twitter for fans and customers (of both adoring and irate varieties).

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I have both but only recently did I give in to Facebook. The biggest reason I did was to keep in touch with family because I live in another country.

Twitter though, that's a whole different thing. :)

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
I had both up until recently when I realized Facebook was making me really negative. I had no clue that all my friends from the past were so... well... stupid. There's no way around that word in this case. Add to that my complete and utter lack of social skills and you've got a pretty meaningless membership.

So, I deleted my account. Which I heard was impossible - but it was actually really easy.

Reactions: GreginNJ

ComputersaysNo

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Amsterdam
Nothing.

The weird look of people when they noticed you can't follow the conversation because the other half of it is on the internet. And don't try to give me the short version, i am not interested anymore.

Or people who are offended for me not knowing their latest social status, and act upset because sorry, i didn't knew you broke up/pregnant/fired/in love.

Or the people who *must* check their facebook/twitter all the time because they expect something *important*. Thank you for ******** up my qualitytime i made for you in my agenda.

But mostly because when deciding not to go with the crowd, some morons start ignoring you. Because the reason i have no facebook/twitter is for people like you who think it is the next step in human evolution.

I am the happiest person in the world if you knock on my door without an appointment for some chat/tea/beer/whatever. I truly charish you as a friend if you don't send me away when knocking on your door, but make some time instead. :)

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Facebook.. it helps promote my video business and keep me connected with touring musicians, etc. Haven't felt the need to get on twitter, I have enough to deal with as it is :D

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I don't understand the need for either. If I want to communicate with the outside world I have a phone, messages, email etc. why would I want a butch of people I don't really speak to anymore and complete strangers to know my business.
Status update still married
7:15 leaving for work (repeat for 5 days)
18:15 got home from work (repeat for 5 days)
Now everybody is up to date.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I don't understand the need for either. If I want to communicate with the outside world I have a phone, messages, email etc. why would I want a butch of people I don't really speak to anymore and complete strangers to know my business.
Status update still married
7:15 leaving for work (repeat for 5 days)
18:15 got home from work (repeat for 5 days)
Now everybody is up to date.
Yeah but what did you have for lunch, and did you have any fabulous BMs throughout the day?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Don't like people.

Misanthrope.

Curmudgeon.

Grumpy old man.

Too little privacy already without spreading my unexciting life all over the internet.

Can't say anything in 120 characters...too verbose and loquacious.
Well, that explains iJH, but what about you? :D

----------

I still don't understand the purpose of twitter...
I don't know how people keep up with it, TTYTT. I have a hard enough time with FB and MR.