How many of you don't know about the other att unlimited message plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h00ligan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Or how many of you switched?

On plan is unlimited messaging
    The other is the same plus unlimited calling to any cell phone on any network

They cost the same amount.

How many of you knew that or didn't?

I would think a lot of people could drastically reduce their minute plan if they take two mins and switch over.

Maybe everyone knows about this, and I'm late to the game..wish I had seen a thread earlier! Sorry if this is old news.

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did this so I could get unlimited Eerything (including data using the data loop hole) for $90 after tax / month.

I needed unlimited talk but that would have been another $30/month and I rarely call land lines so I just pushes my minutes all the way down.

3. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

I did that too, bottom of the line family plan.

I was curious if people had realized this was there as none of my friends know about it.

4. KFujiwara macrumors member

KFujiwara

I switched to that messaging plan the day it became available. Being able to lower my minute plan to the lowest one possible basically got me the kind of pricing I had when I was on Sprint 2 years ago (under $85).

5. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

So was there an announcement myself and all of my friends missed? How long ago was it enabled? I only switched last month but another thread here got me thinking I should post sometn for others like myself who missed it.

6. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I looked into it, but we were one too low of a minute plan, and barely using the minutes we had, so I would have had to switch to a more expensive plan just to use less minutes! For those that use a lot of minutes it's a good deal, but not for me. Luckily I have friends who work for AT&T who tell me the truth instead of trying to talk me into spending more :)

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Pretty sure it has been active for at least a couple months. I seem to recall it going live in March.

8. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

I was told by AT&T that the 700 minute plan and above were required for this? Just for clarification's sake, are you on the 500 min family plan?

9. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

I'll double check. It's possible I'm on the 700 but I thought I went down. I do know there's $7 between them after epp.

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Be careful changing this. If you had a contract before January and switch, you lose the ability to have the 12-month upgrade for the account holder of a family plan. By switching something, you're agreeing to their new terms, which is an 18-month upgrade for family plan lines.

11. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

There's a lot to be said about remaining informed. Why others don't is beyond me.