iPhone 6(S)(+) How many of you guys are still rocking on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LovingTeddy, Jul 31, 2019.

?

Which iPhone are you using?

1. iPhone XS/ XS Max

31 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. iPhone XR

14 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. iPhone X

18 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. iPhone 8/8 Plus

17 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. iPhone 7/ 7 Plus

20 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. iPhone 6S/ 6S Plus

37 vote(s)
    23.6%
  7. iPhone 6/ 6Plus

17 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. iPhone 5S

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. iPhone 5/ 5C

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. iPhone SE

13 vote(s)
    8.3%
  11. iPhone 4S

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

My nostalgia is kicking, so I opened my draw full of smartphone, ranging from Android (Moto G2 to Huawei P20, from iPhone 5 to iPhone 8 Plus).

I picked up the iPhone 6 (iPhone 5’s battery is in very poor condition and it won’t stay on for more than 20 minutes). Oh man, I can honestly say, iPhone 6 is still capable for daily driver for some folks who just don’t do a lot on their phone.

Webpages load pretty fast, streaming videos is no issue, app takes little bit longer to load than some newer phones but still not too slow.

1GB of RAM is kind limiting what iPhone 6 can do these days, but iOS 12 managing this very well. I am so surprised on how well iPhone 6 ages. I can honestly say that my parents will be happy with this things. With the iPhone 6 can be pick up dirt cheap these day, it makes total sense to buy one of this iPhone 6 (than cheap ass Android phone) and give it to seniors.

How many of you guys are stilling rocking iPhone 6 as your daily driver or using it as back up phone. I will love to know.

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

My 6s+ is now my secondary phone (I use a Pixel now for my primary). It's running iOS 9.0.2 still (it's jailbroken).

Used it for 3.5 years before my Pixel. Still goes with me every day (I carry two phones). Still getting decent battery life. But I never used it for media stuff.

I've got a 4, a 4s and an iPhone 5 at home. Sometimes they go with me too.

3. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

I have my iPhone XR which brought through employee purchase plan for my work purposes. I carrying my Huawei P30 as my primary driver and iPhone 8 Plus with me as well. So I am carrying three phones with me all the time.

4. rui no onna macrumors 604

rui no onna

Still on iPhone 7 and honestly haven't noticed any slowdown at all.

I wonder if battery is a common issue on the 5/5s. Batteries on the iPhone 4 and 4S actually seem decent considering their age but all our 5's and 5s's batteries deteriorated pretty quickly and two of them developed swollen batteries.

5. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I upgraded to an 8 Plus in January, from a 6 Plus. I really loved that phone, the look of it (space gray), all the aluminum, nice big screen and decent speaker.

Although iOS 12 brought it back to life (iOS 11 was BRUTAL), it was pretty slow and buggy. The 1GB of RAM on a big screen device was just too much for the poor thing. The 6S Plus was a huge leap in power and I compared it to my friend's 6S Plus and it was night and day.

I do miss it though!

6. Buadhai macrumors member

Buadhai

I'm perfectly happy with my 6s. It does what I need. It's the right size. The camera is superb. With a recently installed 3rd party battery it lasts all day. I'm old and have had cataract surgery, but I can still read Kindle books on the 6s without using reading glasses. I have a much harder time reading the display on my wife's X. I intend to keep the 6s until the current battery craps out which should be just in time to buy a 2020 model. I hope they have a decent small one.

7. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

I have my iPhone 6S passed to my dad. He use it daily for past two years. No problem at all. It is amazing how many year iPhone last.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 31, 2019 ---
    I went from iPhone XR back down to iPhone 8 Plus. I prefer TouchID more than FaceID. Plus the refurbished iPhone 8 Plus is much cheaper.

8. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Still using a 6 that's running fine, but will be upgrading when iOS 13 comes out in order to upgrade CarPlay and watchOS. Was going to get a refurb X, but at this point I might as well wait and see if I can get a refurb Xs once the new phones come out. If they still had the 7 on the refurb store I might grab one and wait for the 2020 phones, but all they have are 7+ and 8+, and I don't want a Plus/Max sized phone.

9. user_xyz macrumors regular

user_xyz

10. littlerock72202 macrumors newbie

11. Tofupunch macrumors regular

Tofupunch

Still rocking the 6. Ios 12 has made it usable. iOS 11 was rough. I would like to upgrade to get to iOS 13. Will most likely consider the XR due to price.

12. LovingTeddy thread starter macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

Yes :)

13. now i see it macrumors 68040

Using a 6+ on iOS 9. Waiting to upgrade in 2022... if it makes it that far

14. PorkPump macrumors newbie

It works fine. I use one everyday.

12.4 destroyed Bluetooth though.

Sucks.

15. pika2000 macrumors 603

Still rocking the 6S as my primary driver. Performance is still great. The only weakness is its battery life.

16. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

Still on my iPhone 6 Plus from launch 2014 with the battery upgrade promo in September 2018.

Waiting on the notch-less, full screen TouchID iPhone to upgrade.

17. pojo1806 macrumors 68020

My sister in law still uses a gold iPhone 6, she's had it since it came out and hasn't had a new battery or anything. She never moans about it so I guess it's working fine for her.

18. forestinjersey macrumors member

forestinjersey

Returned to the 7+ from Android about a month back. It's still very fast and smooth for what I need. LCD is still my prefered screen type after trying AMOLED again.

19. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Just want to point out that the way you’ve phrased your title is probably causing a sampling bias in your poll.

By making it specifically about the 6, you’re probably getting a larger proportion of votes from iPhone 6/6+ owners.

20. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

I always used a case so mine didn’t rock.

But seriously, by reading this forum you think everyone already has tomorrow’s phone. Nearly a quarter of voters have the 6 or older.

21. BigMcGuire Contributor

My mother in law is still using her 6. We're going to get her an 8 this year I think. Wife and I upgrade way too often. We always get the same phone and we'll be keeping them for 3+ years.

22. iOZZY macrumors regular

iOZZY

My 6 Plus is getting ready for its 5th Birthday in September, still going strong on iOS 12.4 with 92% battery.

23. Wide opeN macrumors 65816

Wide opeN

In all seriousness, I want to be like you with my Xs Max. I paid upfront, and couldn't fathom moving off of it early.

The nuclear option would be some INSANE TRADE IN DEAL. I don't see that happening though.

24. apolloa macrumors G5

I have an XR, my 6S is in my drawer. It’s my backup phone now.

Currently plan to get the new XR next year so long as it has an OLED and Qualcomm modem, and looks nice, then I’ll keep it for a long time.

25. mebehere macrumors 6502

mebehere

I upgraded from the 6 to the XR due to a really good carrier deal.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2019 ---
    You must have lots of pockets.