How many of you guys care about keeping you iPad flawless?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Flake, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

I'm one of those but some people aren't as worried, I saw someone with a really dirty smart cover, it had black dirty spots all over it and probably really scratched up as well. What about you?

2. Helixc0de macrumors regular

I'm fine with a few scratches but if it cracks or dents or gets dead pixels than it becomes a problem.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I mostly just try and clean the finger smudges daily on mine.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

my ipad went from the box directly into a belkin hard case for the back and a smart cover for the front. i'm not thrilled with the smart cover, but it's ok. i don't really care if it gets dirty. my ipad, though, looks brand new :)

5. matttye macrumors 601

I'm careful with it, not deliberately rough, but if it gets a few scratches I won't really care.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Small scratches are just bound to happen unless of course u keep it in its box and never use the thing. Which is why I don't worry much.

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

It would bother me if I dropped it and it dented but not as much as if I had noticeable scratches on the screen. A back a cover can be put on if you're that bothered but you're looking at the screen all the time, Thats the thing which would bother me the most.

8. JeffMorse macrumors regular

I really want mine to stay pristine, in part because I plan on selling it when it's time to upgrade.

9. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I care about keeping it flawless for resale purposes. I keep it in my canvas case for this reason.

10. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I did care to a degree until my iPad was an innocent victim after a particularly upsetting Call of Duty session. I had it sitting next to me on the couch, and slammed my hand down on the cushion after I got killed by someone proneing in the grass for the 50th time that game. Next thing I know, my hand really, really, hurts.

The damage to the iPad was minor -- the volume control area of the outside frame is a bit bent. You can't tell unless you're looking for it though.

Looking forward to buying my iPad 3 and getting a do-over on keeping it perfect.

11. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I have mine in a macally snap case and a screen protector. I guess it is more for resale than anything else. I didn't have a case on the original iPad and the back did end up scratched up.

12. darster Suspended

13. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I don't sell many of my apple products because I'm kind of a horder but I do have a tendency to keep any electronic product as nice as possible, even my 5th gen iPod video that just sits at home and is used to produce movies on my TV is in a full body case.

14. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Not me I'm afraid. I travel way too much to bother with a cover other than the smart one. The back gets scratched quite a bit.
    Same with my iPhone. I hate to have covers in it as it doesn't slip easily into my pocket.
    Covers lesson the experience in IMHO. Just not worth it (to me)

15. harpy macrumors member

It's been naked for 21 months, not concerned with scratches, AND it has yet to be scratched.

16. Pigumon macrumors 6502

Pigumon

I held it with "kid gloves", would never set it on a hard surface, but actually the thinness of the sides of the iPad2 started to hurt my hands.

So I bought a thick Belkin case, but it ended up being too heavy.

I eventually bought a weird off-brand "Acase" that has a front almost exactly like the smart cover, has the same folding parts and magnets, but it wraps around the back too, similar to the original iPad case.

No more worries about scratches, although I did sit on it once.

I'll probably sell it to get the iPad3. Unless I get a good job between now and then.

So my answer is, I care a LOT to keep it nice, whether or not I keep it.

17. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I also like mine flawless. As I am having money issues right now (no job), I haven't been able to buy either a case or screen protector. My lame solution, I left the factory plastic on it and just cut a hole in the bottom for the sync cable.

I really should sell it, but I haven't had much with eBay lately, they always want things for free even with a Geek Squad extended warranty.

18. jojoba macrumors 68000

I just use a smart cover for mine (except when I travel with my logitech keyboard which also works as a cover) and I clean the screen regularly. I'm quite careful with handling it. I'm not into upgrading every year or stuff like that so I just want to keep it for a good long while, and in good shape.