How many of you had to get your iPhone exchanged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by medi.freak, May 14, 2013.

?

Have you had to get a replacement iPhone ever?

1. Yes, because of hardware issue(s)

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Yes, because of cosmetic issues

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No, never

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. medi.freak macrumors regular

I am asking because I just had to get a replacement for my iPhone 5, which was only 10 days old. I also had to get a replacement for my iPhone 4 about y year ago.

The iPhone 5 just wouldn't charge anymore (not even with another cord) and the iPhone 4 had the homebutton problem. Both phones still had warranty, so Apple was nice enough to give me replacements.

I am not bitter or anything, don't get me wrong, I just kinda want to figure out if it is pretty much normal to have a hardware defect on your iPhone at some point or not...

so, feel free to vote! =)

2. Davejprince macrumors regular

My sleep/wake button got stuck after a few months.

3. beeinformed macrumors 6502

My phone was exchanged due to a lot of hardware issues and the replacement Apple sent seems to be much better.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

First one...No sound in calls, but the replacement has an even better screen, and I was without the phone for less than 24 hours..:)

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Once we had to change because the screen digitizer was off ... There was a disconnect between physical and virtual touch events.

Worked kind of the Samsung in the last commercial; just unintended :eek:

The smashed screen from my wife I don't count for the second replacement :mad:

6. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Sleep wake button only worked on the left for my iPhone 5 got it replaced. My iPhone 4 home button didn't always work and had to be pushed hard but that was after about a year luckily I had AppleCare and got a new one.

7. Gaidin43 macrumors regular

I have exchanged every iPhone I have ever owned (iphone 3G, iPhone 4 twice, and still on my first iphone 5). I always buy apple care and when the button breaks or the battery fails, or it no longer charges or whatever I bring it in, get it swapped out and off I go. With the update to apple care being a $50 two time only issue this will reduce the amount of times I swap them out, but I have only swapped one for twice in a two year period anyways. I try to swap them out towards the very end of my contract because then I have a brand new (factory refurbished) iphone to turn around and sell and it pays for my replacement.

I pay for the apple care and I use it every time. The little extra spent up front for it pays for itself if your phone ever breaks and it get allows you to get higher resale value on the other end. I do not abuse this policy but I do use it when something is wrong with my phone. It's a service I pay for and use to its full extent.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not recently but did go through 3 (4?) 2Gs before I got a good one.

9. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'm on my third iPhone 5. Initial handset had a broken earpiece after roughly 2 weeks. The second handset's power button quit working.

Fingers crossed...

10. itsaustinh macrumors member

got a replacement when my headphone jack broke off in my phone, they replaced it for free :)

11. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Had mine replaced for battery on my iPhone 4 and sleep/wake button recently on my iPhone 5...

12. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

My iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 so far are the only iPhones I haven't had to replace because of manufacturer issues. I think the iPhone 3G I had to replace four times, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 at least once. Original iPhone twice I think. If this was any other company I would not have stayed with them.

13. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Replaced because of a few dead pixels....if Apple's CS wasn't so great and the stores weren't right next to my house, I wouldn't have bothered.

14. SMDBill macrumors 6502

iPhone 4 replaced due to stuck sleep/wake button at Apple Store while under 1st year warranty.

15. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

twice once for LTE not working at all, the other for flaky WiFi even after setting up as new, Apple diagnosed both phones and decided to replace them. I am talking about my IP5, never had any trouble with any other phone, and have all iphones since the 3G.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Dropped mine first 20 minutes of owning it :eek:

Free exchange for a new one.

Right now I'm looking at another exchange due to broken camera. Having thoughts about this as I lose my jailbreak.

18. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

none so far.. still going strong with my iPhone 5 :apple:

19. SONiC5 macrumors regular

Never, although I had to get my first gen iPod touch replaced, luckily it malfunctioned (home button jam) two days before the one year warranty expired.

I should have gotten my iPhone 4 replaced, the camera is very defective, the left side of all my images have a strong red tinge. I never payed it any mind until it was too late.

20. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

Had to replace my 4s a couple months after I bought it. Would increasingly turn off all by itself. After a number of forum "fixes" failed to resolve the issue, it was exchanged for a new one at the Apple store.

21. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

22. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Never had to exchange my iPhone 4 or 5 but had to exchange my 4S three times.

23. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

2g-none
    3g-none
    3gs-none
    4-15-20 times ( horrible phone, worst of them all for me)
    4S-none
    5-none