How many of you have noticed a slight amount of friction on the headphone jack?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Dec 8, 2014.

1. TH55, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014

TH55 macrumors 68030

Please be honest, I won't take your answer as an endorsement or condemnation of Apple or its products. I have owned 3 6's now and genuinely want to know if the "cheese grater" feeling of the headphone jack is more common than not before I attempt another exchange.

Do you think there might be a headphone jack rubber plug out there? There has to be.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If there were no friction the headphone would unplug too easily. It's different with every iPhone I've owned.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I have this too and I'm afraid it's normal. It wasn't as annoying on the 5/5s because of the flat sides.

Three iPhone 6 already? Are you turning into a repeat replacement offender?

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok, just trying to figure out why each of the 3 6's I've had have been different.

5. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Are you exchanging because of the friction of the headphone jack?

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No, I returned the first one because of the size. The second I exchanged bc of the reachability issue.

----------

Haha no, as stated above I returned the first one bc of the size and the second due to the reachability problem.

I wonder if there's a headphone jack rubber plug out there? There has to be.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

wait, you returned an iphone 6 b.c of the size and bought a new iphone 6. Did they shrink it in the microwave?

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha nah, when I went back to the 4S it was tiny. Once you go 6 you can't go back.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

God damnit now I've noticed the SIM port is the same

10. techspin macrumors 6502a

Build quality definitely varies, but at some point you'll need to let go of some things to be able to enjoy the phone. At least you have a portable cheese grater lol.

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

With your numerous complaints OP, I'm not sure why you haven't switched to another platform yet. You have tons of topics nitpicking about the tiniest of things.