How Many Of You Held Off From Purchasing the iPhone 4 because of Antenna Troubles?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jul 21, 2010.

?

Did the Antenna Problems Hold you Off from purchasing/upgrading to the iPhone 4?

1. YES

46 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    69.8%
  3. I already bought one, Now I REGRET.

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

I wanted to buy the iPhone 4 on DAY 1, blindfolded. It could've been the world's best smart phone.

Then, the antenna problems came into light. I have chosen to delay my purchase until I hear about Apple's better plans on fixing it.

2. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

3. whocaresit thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's up now.

4. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Absolutely not! If anything, it made the wait harder! I kept thinking, "well, if Americans can't enjoy the iPhone 4 and don't want it, just send the supply of iPhones to us in Canada!"

JK, I know most of you are enjoying your iPhone 4, and that the whiners are in the minority.

5. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Umm....THESE are the reasons I've held off on purchasing the iPhone 4:

- antenna issue
    - proximity issue
    - delay in white iP4 shipment
    - yellow screen issue
    - otter box case not on sale yet
    - camera discoloration issue

so, yeah, the antenna issue is only PART of the reason i'm holding off... :rolleyes:

6. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

I've never heard of this "yellow screen issue", what is it? Also, I heard that the camera pictures only have a green blob when under ultraviolet lighting.

7. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Truly it has made me have second thoughts on it.
    But not only that, other things like the glass being prone to shattering and scratching, but don't worry I can't bend my phone all I want :rolleyes:

My early igrade is this august, exactly 12 months after buying the 3Gs, but I don't know if I will take it. My 3Gs has, and still is, serving me flawlesly.

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Bought mine on day 1. Not a single issue. No regrets.
    My daughter ordered hers and it just came the other day. No issues.
    My son is waiting for white to be available.

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

+1 Yes, I've held off buying for the antenna issue as well as the proximity issue (albeit the latter being fixed by a future software update).

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm only holding off because I'm waiting for the white iPhone 4. But in a way, I am glad that I'm holding off (for the time being anyway).

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I bought mine despite the issue, but I returned it due to the issue.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

13. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I love my iPhone 4 and the chick in your avatar.

14. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Real Reason: I failed to pre-order or reserve my iPhone 4 on day one and now I can't find one anywhere!

15. whocaresit thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm waiting on the white one still, and I'm not worried about the antenna issue at all. i couldn't replicate it if I tried on my dad's.

17. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

Heard about the Antenna and proximity sensor issues before I bought the phone. STILL stood in line for 7 hours on June 29 to get one. Ended up finding out that if I held my phone in a retarded position (with my left palm pressed firmly in the left corner squeezing the hell out of it), the signal bars would drop. Did I return it or complain about it? Nope. Did I get onto forums and whine about it? Nope. Did I make a stink when Apple came out and told me what the issues were from? Nope. Do I even run a case with mine? Nope.

I even recommend the phone to people, as when they tell me about how the antenna sucks, I tell them to make it "suck", and they can't do it. Then I'll show them and their first reply is "that's it?". But yeah, great phone.

18. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

No.
    I would have bought it on day 1 if I could, but I didn't pre-order on time so I had to wait till June 29 to get my AT&T order set up.
    At that time I already knew about the reported issues. Apple support forum was like a bee hive arguing about whether or not all iPhone 4s are "defective" and "broken".
    But I ordered mine on 6/29 anyway for a couple of reasons: first, I suspected this is all blown out of proportion; and second, if the phone proved useless (as some claimed it was), nobody was going to make me keep it, I could just return it for a full refund if I wanted to.

19. diabolic macrumors 68000

I think you'll be waiting a long time. I wouldn't expect to hear any more about the antenna from Apple.

20. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Waiting for a white one personally, the antenna or any other isn't isn't deterring me.

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Apple will reveal their plans soon... in June 2011.

22. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

Apple not providing enough iPhone 4s has impeded me from purchasing the phone.

23. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

we could have pre-ordered the white one for delievery on day one, w/ an otter box case!?

you = fail

24. whocaresit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? There's no shortage at all as far as I can tell.

25. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2366762,00.asp

Bought on day one. No regrets. Don't wait unless you want a white one. There won't be a "fix" because most users don't have a "problem."