How many of you settled for a GB size you didn't want because yours was out of stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The New iPad, Sep 27, 2012.

1. The New iPad macrumors regular

I want to know how many of you had to settle for an iPhone 5 of a capacity that wasn't your original choice die to yours being out of stock. If I was in this position, I would only settle for something more expensive rather than going lower in GB and risk not having enough space.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

3. climber20 macrumors member

I was the 20th person in line, and when I got to the counter 30 minutes after the store opened, they were already sold out of 16 gb black.

So I went with the 32. Probably won't ever need the space, but it's all good.

4. apierrec macrumors 6502

No iP5 yet and I hope not to be one of them as I want & need 64GB and it's tough getting one after missing out on launch weekend / preorder.

16GB is depressing but I might get desperate, 32GB is not even enough.

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

pre ordered a 64, but been on backorder so got a 32 from apple directly. I don't need 64 but always want like to have the option if I do.

6. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Almost had to go with a 32GB (instead of 16GB) because when I went on at 10PM to reserve mine, that was the only one showing as in stock. But I refreshed a few times and got the 16GB.

7. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

I pre-order online for 64 GB black. But I can't wait for a month. So the day after the release date. I decided to go to to the nearest Apple store. They were out of 64 Gb black but they have 64 GB white. The only black model they have is 16 and 32 GB. I dont like the white iPhone, it feels like wherever I go. Majority using the white iPhone is women. I always wanted 64gb... for all of my iphone in the past, have 32Gb which I never use more than half of its capacity. So I decided to stick with black iPhone with 32 GB. So far I have no regrets or buyers memorse. If I survive 32 Gb since 3Gs I believe I will survive iPhone 5 with 32gb.

8. GetSwole37 macrumors member

so is the 64gb harder to get? is there more of a back log for that one than the 32gb?

wondering..because i was looking at going from 32gb to 64gb... but kind of hoping your statement is true.. like you.. think i can survive with 32gb

9. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

I wanted a 16gb an got 16gb. Sprint has a waiting list. They get shipments every week but it seems apple is only shipping the white ones because of all the defects in the black paint.

10. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

64 sold out first at the stores in Nashville and are still sold out.
    I went in wanting a black 64 but come out with a white 64 and I'm completely happy as the black looks horrible in person to me.
    And plus all the guys not wanting white because women have them are ridiculous! I mean I didn't know we were in preschool

11. SlyMac macrumors 6502

No, I was towards the front of the line. Although, I did plan to get the 16GB but stepped up to the 32GB just in case I needed the extra space.

12. kannesss macrumors 6502a

It would be pointless for me to get anything under a 64 GB. So even if I had the opportuinty, I would have passed it up. No reason to be stuck with 16GB and need way more.

13. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Strange, but like I said the Apple store I went to, got a bunch 64 gb whites, but out of 64 gb blacks since launch day (that what the apple store representive told me). If my assumption is right, if majority of guys goes for iPhone blacks then most of the man, get the most capacity that they can get hold to. Like me if 64 gb is available I will get it. Im sure my wife is fine with 16gb.

About surviving 32gb I think it is better to set up your new iPhone as brand new. Then download only the apps, that you know you will only use. You will be suprise that you will have a lot of space left. For example: garageband or imovie. Those apps are almost half a gig each. Do you really need to create movie or music using your iphone.

----------

We are not in pre school, but your man instinct told you to get the black one. Until you find out that 64gb is only available in white. Now you try to justify, that white is fine.

14. GetSwole37 macrumors member

That is exactly what I did. Cleaned it up and loaded only the apps I use plus a few extras that my niece and nephews use. Also cleaned up my old photos and videos for the past two years. Had many retakes and print screens of just dumb stuff. I am at 22 GB of free space and I still have IMovie. I don't have any music but my entire collection is only over 5 GB. I won't load them and using google music for now.

Myron thing is resale when the new iphone comes out. I hate to lose 125-150 when reselling the phone. A 32gb will only lose about 50-75

15. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Exactly, and I use Itunes match and spotify so I don't need to install my whole music library.

16. yang88she macrumors regular

Had plenty of space on my 4S but there was only 1 64gb left, I can now photo whore even more :D

17. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I wanted 64, I got 32. I'm pondering returning it and waiting for a 64.

18. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

Planned from the beginning to get a black 32 GB, almost bought a white 64 GB because it was readily available on launch day. Decided to wait. Found a black 32 GB at an Apple store on Saturday and picked it up...it was one of the last ones.

19. bowlen macrumors member

I pre ordered mine in 64gb and got a 64gb iPhone