How many of you will buy the iPhone 5s when it comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Aug 18, 2013.

?

How many of you will be purchasing the new iPhone 5S?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No

33.6%
  3. Later

4.9%
  1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I just upgraded from the IP4 to the IP5 and also purchased a macbook pro about 4 months ago. It seems that everytime I buy an apple product they just keep coming out with new ones :( I am just curious to see who is going to ditch their iPhone 5 for the new one!

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Next time you buy something, check the buyer's guide: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ ;)

In answer to the poll, I selected no - my iP5 should suffice for another year, especially with iOS 7.

3. Skika macrumors 68030

Nah, my iPhone 5 is more than enough to last me till the one iPhone really worth waiting for and that is the 6.

4. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Never knew this existed, thanks!

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

For me it all depends on what Apple put under the hood of the iPhone 5s/6.

6. bp1000 macrumors 65816

+1

Ever since the 3Gs I've always bought S models. But I caved in and got an iPhone 5 after a pricing error about 4 weeks ago. It was dirt cheap so I couldn't say no.

Apart from the sensitive black paint that marks too easily I like the 5 so unless the 5s has something temping and not just muscle flexing higher numbers I might sit it out.

My opinion now is, hardware is already so fast that putting in more MHz and ram is less noticeable so they need to innovate more.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Since I didn't upgrade last year, I'm getting the 5S.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I definitely agree with this. Adding more RAM, more megapixels really isn't going to bring a discernible difference any more. I'd like to see more 'new' hardware features rather than just bigger numbers. A fingerprint sensor would be a good start, and then maybe in later iPhones features like a pico projector, a slow-motion camera, NFC, more sensors, three or four day battery life etc.

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

10. rockitdog Suspended

I'll be holding on to my iPhone 5 which works great. I doubt I'll upgrade again until they increase the screen size or really do something innovative. A finger print scanner or better camera don't do anything for me. I've always said the "S" in the iPhone cycle stands for "sucker" because the "S" models are just updates to current hardware, nothing new or revolutionary.

Heres to the iPhone 6.

11. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Depends, if it has color, some new exclusive features, etc... I will buy it (getting a refund from my college). If it doesn't then I will be spending that money on a PS4

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm due for an upgrade now and might get it depending on internals and camera.

13. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Although I've caved and bought every iPhone since the first gen model...I think I'll sit this dance out too for exactly the same reasons.

Apple has the technology to install a battery that would last for 2-3 days without size or weight increase. They can create a body material like the first gen (hottest looking iPhone ever & most comfy to hold) without interfering with RF, and without the paint so easily scratching & marking. They can intigrate speakers that would allow those in a meeting room to all clearly hear. They could use an earpiece speaker that was louder & clearer than a whisper even turned up to maximum. They can do those things...and the things in the quote above and still make billions.

The 5s won't have any of those innovations.

14. xxray macrumors 6502

I will definitely be upgrading soon but my decision is between the 5S and Galaxy Note III.

15. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

With the recent changes to Canadian cell phone contracts there is absolutely no way I will ever by an iPhone again. It sucks but ill be moving over to Android. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm going to be paying $100 for an iPhone monthly.

16. Motherload0211 macrumors member

However OP, one would be advised to 1) check here for any updates, and ask us for any release rumors. Google search also may have this information. 2) Have prior knowledge that Apple normally releases a new iPhone around Sept/Oct time frame ;)

17. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Got my 5 in October so I'm only about a year in my contract. I've had the 4/4S before but I think this will be my last yearly upgrade for awhile. The 5 has everything I wanted in a cell and works perfectly.

18. Toadkillerdog macrumors member

Wanted more screen real estate so gave iPhone 5 to wife and upgraded to samsung s4 and am satisfied. Won't be coming back to iPhone til screen size significantly bigger. Prefer iOS but want that larger screen

19. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If it's just better ram and speed, then no. C'mon innovation!

20. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

ofcourse i'll buy one, i'm bored with my 1 year old iphone 5.
    Let's hope they release it in gold, i really like it.:cool:

21. InTheMist macrumors member

InTheMist

I voted no.

1) iOS7 puts me off entirely
    2) I'm not thinking that the "S" update will be compelling, as an iPhone 5 user.

22. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I don't feel a need, my iphone 5 is satisfying my needs :)

23. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Yes. I have an "early upgrade at a discounted price" available, so I think i'm going to take advantage of it.

24. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

So you'd pay $449?

25. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Yup. And if you wanna get technical it'll be $490 after taxes.