How many of you would be livid if a redesigned iPhone was introduced June 2012?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Oct 18, 2011.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Seems everyone still wants a redesigned iPhone despite the new release of the 4S. How would you react if that happened June 2012?

2. BowTheMan89 macrumors regular

3. BGTHEMOGUL macrumors 6502

Not sure what there is to be livid about that's exactly what is supposed to happen and everybody has known for a while now.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I upgraded from a 4 to 4S
    Life goes on and you adapt to changes in technology

There are really more important things in my life than worrying about my phone

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

I would immediately start scheming ways to afford it.

6. troop231 macrumors 603

I upgraded to the 4S, and I would welcome an iPhone "5" (6th generation) immediately. Why? because I can sell the 4S at almost no loss, that's the greatest thing about reselling Apple products.. :cool:

7. coasterswim macrumors 6502

iPhone not redesigned in 2011: people angry!!
    iPhone redesigned in 2012: people angry!!

8. iqwertyi macrumors regular

That's technology for you.

I have the 4.
    I'm getting the 4S as soon as it's back in stock.
    And planning on getting the 5 when it releases.

I used to wait for the "latest and greatest" product. Then realized, that will never happen.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

^^^ This....actually I'm saving an upgrade on another line! :)

10. Undecided macrumors 6502a

Can you use someone else's upgrade eligibility?

If that occurs, you can't get a new subsidized phone so fast. But if you have a friend or relative who can (like if they stuck with a 4, and don't want the latest), can you get the 5 through them, and, say, sell/give your 4S to your friend/relative? In other words, can you use someone else's upgrade eligibility (assuming they, too, will be on contract anyway)?

I feel stuck on the "S" path, and would like to move to the regular path without waiting an extra year.

11. DerekTS macrumors regular

Most likely wont happen in June but it will almost surely happen in 2012. Why the hell wouldnt they?

I swear some people never learn to follow Apple's patterns :rolleyes:

12. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Not at all. 8 months is a long time in tech.

Look at the announcement Moto and Verizon made today. They are releasing the RAZR a month after releasing the Bionic. Now that is crazy.

13. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't care... I was actually really happy they didn't change the looks of the phone at all as I consider the iPhone 4 to be the most ideal phone design released.

Making it bigger, thinner, curved, etc. and I wouldn't have purchased it.

14. derickdub macrumors 6502

Better June 2012 than October 2012. I just upgraded to 4s.

If you really wanted to upgrade you could cancel a line and open a new line and get the subsidized price, then sell your 4S for the cost of the termination fee. You may lose a couple hundred bucks, but if the phone is that nice it'll be worth it.

15. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'll buy the iPhone 5 Fall 2012 with no qualms.

16. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

everyone makes informed choices. I made the choice to upgrade from my 4 to a 4S knowing full well of the strong likelihood that there will be a new, completely redesigned iPhone in less than a year.

many others chose not to upgrade based on this assumption.

No one should be "livid" when the newer, better, faster iPhone is released because we all knew it was coming and we all made the decision to ultimately upgrade or not.

17. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Not at all. If you love the current design then that has no relationship to a new model future change in design. Enjoy what you have now. If you purchased the 4s and do not like the design then you deserve to be upset now.

Could it be any clearer?

By that logic, you would be upset every time the phone has a new design as it will eventually happen in one year, two, or more.

What on earth are you talking about?

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Heh. I knew there was some reason to skip option to upgrade my other line as well, this time around. +1 on the budget issue, however.

19. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

+100

At worst you can get enough for a used iPhone on Craigslist that you are not out of pocket more than the contract price.

20. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Livid? Do you get all upset every year when a new model of your car comes out? A newer version will ALWAYS become available. You don't NEED every version. Now if you can afford it cool get one. But to be upset? No.

21. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

I wouldn't mind considering I'm somehow convincing myself to keep my 4 and wait and not buy the 4S to upgrade when 5 comes.

22. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I'm expecting it. I plan on just using a family member's upgrade and swapping them my iPhone 4S. They'd be just as delighted.

23. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Not sure why this thread was even created, and certainly not sure why I am responding to it! With that said:

Who cares. 8 month is a long time. If they released the 5 in the next 3 months then I would be a bit bummed (livid would be a total over reaction as it is a PHONE).

Frankly, coming from the Android world, you could buy the latest and greatest as soon as it came out and the next week another "latest and greatest" would be released!

I'm just glad I won't have phone envy for 8 months (if June 2012 was the release of the 5)!!!

24. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I don't think there anything to be mad about. We know something new is going to come next year so either you wait until you can upgrade or fork out the dough.

Pissed is replacing a 3G in March of 2010 with a 3Gs because the 3G died and then having the IP4 launch in June. To be honest I hope the new phone launches in June or July and I have to wait until Oct to purchase it when I become upgrade eligible, and I'm not tempted to deal with all this launch crap again.

25. derickdub macrumors 6502

I agree with this, although I still probably would have upgraded because I was coming from a 3GS.

I wouldn't mind seeing the iPhone get thinner or a larger screen so much, but please Apple, DO NOT MAKE THE PHONE BIGGER. I can't see how some people carry around their enormous phones.