Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Since I have got my 6+ I have experienced at least on app crash a day :( my logs are full of jetsamEvent which I believe is low memory. I never have more than 3 apps max opened at any given time.

Just wondering if a lot of others are experiencing these jetsamevents? I have restored at least 5 times in less than a week hoping it would help....

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Nope, I haven't had any problems here. I'm on 8.3 now, so that's a bit different, but on stock it's been fine for me.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Seems to be mostly Facebook and Tumblr. Apps I use the most (of course) along with others, should I try another restore? Or will doing it too many times hurt the device?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Certain apps crash all the time for me, so I've stopped using them. Opera Coast is the main one and it has had numerous updates since iOS8 arrived too. Facebook used to crash like heck but the past couple of updates fixed that.
Safari is constantly showing a spinning data wheel and giving me the 'half' crash of saying that there was a problem with the website and it had to be reloaded.

I also have pages of Jetsam events...

----------

Seems to be mostly Facebook and Tumblr. Apps I use the most (of course) along with others, should I try another restore? Or will doing it too many times hurt the device?

Tumblr has never crashed for me. Not once. In fact it's one of my most stable apps. I restore periodically if I encounter problems and it won't harm your device. It disappoints me when I do a full restore, set up as a new phone and then encounter bugs again.#

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
When it happens the wallpaper goes black. And then flashes back to the normal wallpaper, all apps are still visible... I had a 6 for a little over a week (before returning to upgrade to the plus) and never had 1 issue :(

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Since I have got my 6+ I have experienced at least on app crash a day :( my logs are full of jetsamEvent which I believe is low memory. I never have more than 3 apps max opened at any given time.

Just wondering if a lot of others are experiencing these jetsamevents? I have restored at least 5 times in less than a week hoping it would help....

I've had issues with some stock apps but I have found suitable 3rd party replacements for these apps (safari, calendar, etc) and have since not had any problems.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Just restored (DFU) set up as new not even half hour ago... Getting the settings set up and downloading apps.. And it's startung already FFS!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 137

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
you haven't had it that long--take it back for replacement

most user have no to minimal issues

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I got it on contract I have 30min or 15 days which ever comes first... I have used well over the 30min :( only option would be Apple. unfortunately I don't drive and nearest Apple store is 3hrs away.... Maybe make a trip this coming March break and swap it out

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I got it on contract I have 30min or 15 days which ever comes first... I have used well over the 30min :( only option would be Apple. unfortunately I don't drive and nearest Apple store is 3hrs away.... Maybe make a trip this coming March break and swap it out
You can call Apple and do it over the phone too.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wow!!! Well I guess I am not alone lol

----------

Yea, then I'd be without a phone for a week or longer
I believe they can send you a replacement and then you send yours back when you get it.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
How many others? iPhone 6 plus

I don't see the big deal with the logged events. I just checked my iPhone 6 and iPad 4- they both have many jetsam events, but I never force close apps. Both devices on iOS 8.1.3, both working fine. That is just stuff going on in the background, but likely doesn't affect the performance, or at least I don't notice that it does.

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
When it happens the wallpaper goes black. And then flashes back to the normal wallpaper, all apps are still visible... I had a 6 for a little over a week (before returning to upgrade to the plus) and never heard had 1 issue :(

I've never had anything like this and I've had my 6 plus for nearly 4 months. Apps do crash from time to time but not frequently. I can't recall the last time an app crashed actually. It's been pretty stable, much more so than my 5S.

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008

Facebook app has been giving me some problems too, but definitely not as bad as yours.

pukrnukr

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
Roc
I believe they can send you a replacement and then you send yours back when you get it.

If you give them a credit card number and let them put a hold on it for the full price of a replacement iPhone they will do this.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I've had the Facebook app crash, but not recently and not in the same way as you've described. My 6+ is much more stable than my 5s was at about this time last year, I had a lot of trouble with the early versions of iOS 7.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
If you give them a credit card number and let them put a hold on it for the full price of a replacement iPhone they will do this.

I wish i had that much on my credit card they are all pretty much maxed :D

snsking

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2013
Tumblr is a resource heavy application. If you spend just enough time scrolling through it, eventually it will either freeze or lock up. Same thing with any resource heavy app that has tons of pictures/videos/ads

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Jetsam logs are RAM issues. You can now properly thank Apple for not giving you enough RAM. I have had the same issues on my 6+ but not near as much as you. I'm on a jailbroken space gray TLC memory 64gb 6+ (8.1.2). I'd take it back and get a new one. Most likely it's one or two apps causing your RAM to freak out, but none the less, it shouldn't be happening like that.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I have found a work around where it doesn't happen as often by turning on zoomed view in display and brightness

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.