How many people are actually updating to iOS 7 today?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pmontanarella, Sep 18, 2013.

1. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

I mean, how many people do you guys think are updating to iOS 7 today compared to the whole iPhone User Base? I mean, not everyone is a geek and wants to get the latest right when it comes out. I'm sure many people don't even know iOS 7 came out.

Just a curiosity,
    Pietro

2. Tarrant64 macrumors member

I think this shows up as an available update as it rolls out to users. So it's however many people they made this available to which I think is mostly everyone.

The real question is how many people were actually able to do the updates without issues.

I do think it would be cool is Apple was able to give numbers as to how much iOS7 grew over the next 48 hours and iOS6 shrinks in terms of overall usage. There's some third party companies out there who collect this information weekly that could provide it anyways. I forget who it is that sites like MacRumors, Neowin, Engadget, etc. typically pull current usage numbers from.

3. DevonGaming01 macrumors newbie

Hey,

All I can say is there are may be a lot of people, cause we have been talking the features of iOS 7 on our school today; so I guess there are may be a lot of people downloading besides those people playing GTA V right now.

-Devon

4. pmontanarella thread starter macrumors 6502

It would also be cool if Apple could show us the current status of its activation servers, and how many requests it is processing. At least let us have something to look at while waiting for the thing to activate!!

5. Tarrant64 macrumors member

No kidding it would be something for geeks to awe at in the very lease.

"So umm yeah we are currently processing 200,000 activations a second. Yup, no big deal, just raw power."

6. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

I'm holding off until I can get a 5s and then I can get all the new experiences at once :). That doesn't mean that I don't really want to just download it now and get playing tho :D