How many people are showing up in person to buy iP4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshapnyc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jshapnyc macrumors newbie

I missed the early preorder deciding whether or not to upgrade. Stupid.

Would like to get up around 4am, show up for pre-sale around 5am. What do you think the lines are going to be like? Lots of people?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Well given that they sold over a million phones in one day, I suspect like every other iPhone launch there will be a sizable line.

3. dbs0026 macrumors member

The bigger question to me is do you go to a Verizon/ATT store or the Apple store?

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Nope, maybe if it was for the 5, not doing it for the 4S.

5. jshapnyc thread starter macrumors newbie

For the iP4 I got mine close to opening at the 5th Ave store but I snuck myself into the reservation line at 5am and no one asked me if I had one.

Since there are no reservations this year (correct?) and so many pre-orders to be delivered on release day, I would think it will be less in person demand. Who knows though.

6. jshapnyc thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Iron Chef macrumors member

8. jshapnyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Predictions on iP4 vs 4S NYC launch? 5th Ave regular line was around several blocks last year.

9. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

Did you already order your phone? Last time I did order iPhone 4 to pick it up at the local store....I was in the line for over 3 hours, I will never do anything like that; cant even imagine the line if you are did not even pre-order the phone!

----------

I did not know you cant reserve, I tough you can did had option to pick it up at your local store....Either way, local stores are going to be CRAZYYYYYYYY busy on Friday.