How many people cancelled an Apple online pre-order today because they picked one up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mauigizmo, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mauigizmo macrumors member

Just wondering how many cancelled an existing order online today with Apple because you picked one up in person @ AT&T?

2. Scorpion44 macrumors newbie

I actually picked up two and cancelled two it was kinda odd the AT&T store I went to had no one in line as of 1:00pm EST and had plenty of iPhones in stock according to the sales rep

3. honavery macrumors newbie

Thinking about it. Just worried my order will go to "preparing for shipping" in the amount of time it takes me to get one and then cancel my order.

4. honavery macrumors newbie

FWIW, I just called around to 3 AT&T stores in the area, and the Apple store. All out of stock.

I'm just going to continue to be patient.

5. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I did.

I had my pre order in since the 22nd. I went into at&t this morning, and went to purchase my phone. While the guy was going thru the screens, a red X popped up saying he couldn't sell me one because of a pending sale. We opened up apple.com and cancelled the pre order and after a few more attemps (about 5 minutes lapsed), at&t's system synced with apple.com and my order went thru.

I was sweating thinking I waited 2.5 hours and wouldn't walk out with a phone.

Moral of the story, once you confirm at&t store has them, cancel your pre order before you drive there so you can avoid issues!

6. romo9 macrumors newbie

+2..me and my gf both waited in line this morning and got one at ATT and canceled our Apple preorders

7. mauigizmo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the insight everyone. I was hoping to see more so my July 14th ship date would get pushed up! We don't have an Apple store here and with only one AT&T store on the island it was a little crazy there yesterday.

8. herdinoh macrumors regular

I did on 29th.