How many people have are buying white 3GS iPhone?BTW, CPW Reps are OK!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by julianna1973, Jun 15, 2009.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Is this your first time getting white?

Both my iPhones were black & initially when i pre ordered with carphone warehouse, i chose black again but i had to speak to an advisor about my order & he persuaded me to try the white as everyone was going for the black. Well i decided to go for it as my hubby wanted me to get white also but thats coz he will eventually get the iphone from me, possibly next year if the next gen iphone is worth changing to! I told him i might keep the white for the 2 years of the contract. I am only gonna decide on next summers iphone when the annoucement is made!

Also i have to say i was suprised @ how friendly & helpful the reps were at carphone, very very nice, very chatty. Maybe they arent as bad as i have heard?

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Without wanting to be too contrary, I have heard very little about CPW apart from tales of their total muppetry. My own experiences with them bear that out and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Personally I think most non network (uk) phone shops are pushy towards whatever network is giving them the most cash.

4. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Ok but what about my main question? White iPhone??

5. Shoot macrumors regular

6. PostHoc macrumors newbie

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I have a white 3G, and I'll be getting a white 32gig 3G S⃣ in the next month or so.

I like look of the white.

If it matters to you, I've only seen one other white iPhone since launch day, but most people have them in a case. Mine is gloriously naked. ;)

8. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Funny!!! (NOT)

9. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

10. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I don't know yet. I'm leaning more towards black.

11. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I would like to go about without a case but considering even my black iphones ended up quite beaten up then im thinking at least something clear, i have seen clear plastic cases but i think i would prefer a rubbery clear case as the plastic i had before ends up just as scratched and looks terrible

12. phannon666 macrumors regular

They'll be nice to the point where they have your cash. Just wait 'til you need some support, then the blame game begins between CPW and O2, or like anywhere else, between Vodafone and P4U for example. Always go direct to the operator, I cannot stress that enough.

13. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

I would prefer to do that anyway, i was told that other than buying my phone from CPW, i pretty much dont need to bother with them again, specially as its an iPhone, any fault etc i can take it direct to an Apple store.

14. Zarile3 macrumors member

I am coming from the 1st gen iPhone, so from silver to white. I am excited as well, but mainly because of it being a working phone, since mine is partially broken. The color doesn't have me excited, the new phone does.

15. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

I would agree. Even if O2 were out of stock, I would wait rather than go to CPW. CPW's sales tactics are far too aggressive for my liking.

Having said that, I've heard recently that they're going to stop paying commission to their sales staff, so maybe they will start to consider their customers' needs more than their own in future?

16. LondonDude89 macrumors newbie

London stores haven't been on commission since September and you're absolutely right, it's so the consultants will be more customer service focused rather than worrying whether they are making enough money.

With the iPhone, you can either bring it into a CPW store or go directly with Apple (going direct to Apple is quicker if you have a store near you)

Store staff in CPW aren't told how much the networks are paying the company per connection. That way, we can do our best to offer what's best for the customer. I wouldn't know about other retailers but i've heard the same stories everyone else has