How many people have used the "Cards" App??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

I use it quite frequently to send letters to my grandparents and what not, mostly people who don't have email. I think it's a great service offered by Apple, and for a total of $3.25 in the U.S. it's cheaper than going to the store.

Just wondering who else is using this service??

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have
    Sent my GF a birthday card and it worked well, arrived on her birthday and was awesome
    She loved it

3. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

How long did it take for it to get there??? I'm just curious to know.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Well, a lot of stores sell cards for $.99. :)

I find the app to be a very good idea. For any future cards I want to send, I will use that app.

5. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Yeah, it really is a great service but these days if you want a Hallmark card which is the only card I would get anyone (other than these Apple cards) are upwards of 5-6 dollars, so you are saving some cash, I know its only 3 dollars but to some that makes a big difference.

6. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I'm going to use it this coming week. I'll be in NY for work so I'm going to snap some pics the first day and then send cards to my kids at home. I'm sure they'll love it.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I know stores sell cards for $0.99, but

1. Postage

and

2. You would spend that $2.00 on gas anyway to go out and buy a card, so it's worth it to me. Haven't used it yet but I will for sure in the future.

8. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Good point.

I like the selection they have and I've heard they adding more and more options as we speak. I don't plan on sending a card overseas so 3.25 will be the price for me.

9. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Tried one for my Dad, his birthday is Friday 28th. Hoping it ships fast (I know I should've read the terms and conditions first).

10. nomad01, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Let us know how long it takes in the UK. I've been looking for an excuse to use it!

Really like the idea and pretty sure it'll be of use.

11. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I think I ordered one on Thursday and got the card on Tuesday. I think they get mailed out from California, so maybe the closer you are to California, the earlier you can expect it.

12. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

In the UK its dreadful. I could have made a better one myself and printed it at home.

Delivery times are sometimes over a week if not two and its printed on a semi decent matt card by a 30 year old printer.

Total rip off! Plus they are sent from the Czech Republic. Moonpig and Funky Pigeon are so much better.

13. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Specifically talking about the Cards app here?

Otherwise, I've had several Apple made cards before and they're MILES better than the tat produced by MoonPig. Generally really nice quailty.

I complained to Moon Pig because the printing in their card was illegible. They offered me a 60 pence credit to my next order.

Pathetic. The cards looked like Clintons bargain bin stuff.

14. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

Quite pleased with this service.

Ordered a card on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Monday.
    Very nice quality.

15. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I can get 2 cards at the dollar store for $1.00 :rolleyes:

16. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

And they're of terrible quality too. Plus tax plus postage. And these cards can be customized and personalized with photos and text. Easily well worth the $2.99.

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm a little bit disappointed by the printing quality.

I didn't expect the most amazing glossy print ever, but I'd consider it worse quality than a quick 'draft' print I could do at home.

It's not so much the printer as it is the soft, paper-towl-like paper that sucks up the ink. The whole thing is slightly bleedy and water-colorey as a result. It's just not sharp at all.

It's not unusable...I'll probably send more. I was just a bit disappointed that the paper was apparently chosen based on 'feel' and not based on how a printed photo would look on it.

18. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I suppose you are right! 3 bucks for a personalized card is not bad.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I ordered a card on 10/7 and according to my family in CA they haven't seen it. I'm not certain I can trust that to be honest so I'll probably send another somewhere and see what happens.

20. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

:rolleyes:

True, but I would have to drive to the $ Store, search for a parking spot where no one will ding my door, fight others for cheap generic cards, wait in line to check out, then drive to a post office to purchase a stamp and mail.

OR I can design a custom printed card unique to the individual and our relationship on my phone in 60 seconds with zero hassle.
    Easy choice.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I ordered on Monday and it arrived on Saturday (her birthday)
    We were very pleased

Personalized and very nice for price

Sure, I could have printed my own, but it was quick, easy and personalized with a picture and I did not have to mess with postage, envelope or anything

I would definitely use it again

22. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

I just sent one to my son... so will see how it goes. Was easy to use at least.

23. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i thought the app came out on the 12th? maybe youre thinking of 4s preorder?

24. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Call me old school, but part of sending a card to someone is putting a personal, handwritten note in the card.

Would it be more convenient to open up the app, type something out, and then pay someone else to ship it out? Sure. But if we are becoming that lazy as a society that we can't take a few minutes out of the day to stop off at the store, pick up a card, pen out a message on it, and throw a stamp on it....then we need to take a look in the mirror and demand of ourselves to do better.

25. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

yeah im going to use it when i find out if im having a boy or girl and send it to my mom.