How many people scored a Space Black Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet on launch day?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by applerules100, Apr 10, 2015.

1. applerules100 macrumors newbie

While I was ordering through the iPhone app, at 12:01 am the Space Black Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet watch already showed up as 4-6 weeks for shipping (May 13 - 27).

Were many people able to get one with 4/24 estimates?

2. bobTX10 macrumors member

There was never a 4/24 ship date with that model. Everybody that were first to order the SS Black were given a 4-6 week shipping order. Hopefully it will come out sooner.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nobody who preordered the standard or Space Black link bracelet did. Both showed a 4-6 week shipping time at the start of preorder.

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I was one of the lucky few to get May 13 - May 27, it only took a few minutes to push orders to June.

5. applerules100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, unfortunately I ordered at 12:04 and that was enough to push it back to June.

How often does Apple ship before their initial estimate?

6. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I don't think the regular SS with Link was ever available at 4/24 either. At 12:01 it already showed a 4-6 week ship date. I had to order a SS with sport band and order a separate Link bracelet to get a 4/24 date on the watch and a 4/29 date on the bracelet.

7. nathanjbrown macrumors regular

Within minutes of attempting to buy via the iOS app, the shipping estimate had slipped to June. So I threw in the towel thinking "$%&# this nonsense...how good can the Watch really be?!"

Today I stopped by an Apple Store for a look at the Space Black Stainless Steel. I then tried on the SS w/ Link Bracelet for comparison. Then I went home and placed my order. :eek:

Shipping Estimate: July

Damn.

N

8. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Decided at the last minute not to get this one. I went with the regular stainless link, but ... in a round about way. And it's too bad that there is no other way to get this combo, see... I ordered the SS + White Sport 38mm and then separately ordered the link bracelet. Watch is set to deliver 4/24-5/8 and bracelet in 2-4 weeks. Worked out well since I was planning to get one of the sport bands for certain situations anyway.

No way I could've done that for the space black.

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I'm not sure why you thought you couldn't do this with the SS Space Black. I ordered the SS Space Black and a black sports band. In some situations, I want to be able to swap out link band for the sport. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

He'd get his SS + white Sport band on 4/24 and the separate standard SS link bracelet in 2-4 weeks, as opposed to the flip side which would take 4-6 weeks for both the standard and Space Black link bracelet models.

11. andrewket macrumors regular

How many people scored a Space Black Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet on laun...

Forgot to order via the app and was waiting for the web site to come live, so I didn't get my order in until 7 minutes past. June...

12. ShawnTXDFW, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

First Post...

I managed to get in an order for the black SS. I went to see if I could try on what I purchased only to have been told they only had the SS version's to try on. I didn't even see the black SS there but the guy that helped me was an older man very hard of hearing. He didn't understand anything I was asking him. I'll just have to try to get up there again and see if I can get another employee. I wasn't sure if I wanted the black SS, reg SS, or space gray watch. From what I have read online is that you really can't tell the difference between black SS and space gray. Can anyone confirm this?

-Shawn

Attached Files:

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Thanks to the Apple Store app and Apple Pay, I was able to preorder it within the first minute it went on sale and got 4-6 weeks.

14. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

How many people scored a Space Black Stainless Steel w/ Link Bracelet on laun...

SS Black May 13-27 with confirmation at 12:03, I understand constrained supply but it seems there is literally NO SS Black stock! Its kind of disappointing that for the cost they don't even have any prepped for launch.

15. ivandr macrumors regular

You definitely can see a difference between the black SS and space grey (sport) Apple watch. The black SS is a mirrored shiny finish whereas the space grey is a matte aluminum. The 'tone' of the black is different too, I think the space grey has a darker color to it whereas the reflectivity of the black SS made it seem lighter. (Personal opinion of mine, I'm sure others don't agree and that is ok)

16. ShawnTXDFW macrumors regular

ShawnTXDFW

I can kind of tell myself. The SG model seems a little ... dull? I guess that's the word I'm looking for. As for the SS, it definitely seems black with a mirror finish. From the pics, it looks really nice. Even from the Apple Store App itself. From what others have said is that pictures don't do the AW justice. Seeing it in person is definitely a lot better. That's why I'm contemplating on either going back and seeing if I can get a better employee and see if they can let me see both SG and SS models in Black, and seeing if I made the right choice. I'm not a fashion guru by any means, but black seems to go with everything. That's one of the main reasons why I bought it. I like the look of it, but the Stainless Steel looks nice as well. I'm curious if others were given the choice, would they do regular SS or Black SS.

-Shawn