How Many People were there When you saw Jobs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chumawumba, Aug 25, 2013.

?

So, how many were there besides you?

1. 0

8.3%
  2. 1

8.3%
  3. 2

8.3%
  4. 3

8.3%
  5. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5+

25.0%
  7. I hate Ashton Kutcher

41.7%
  1. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

2. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Two, I didn't feel like it was a very good movie.

Pirates of Silicon Valley is much better, as it covers everything and is far more interesting.

3. chumawumba thread starter macrumors 6502

chumawumba

True. The only part I enjoyed in Jobs was when Steve ranted at Gates after demoing MS Paint

4. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

That part wasn't bad. But the whole movie seemed over the top, and not a good re creation.

I dare to say a Movie about Bill Gates's life might be a little more interesting.

5. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

I was surprised to see at half-full (maybe more!) theatre at mine when I saw it last week.

6. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Well, I voted "I hate AK" because I didn't get to the movie. From the critics to the trailer, it just didn't look appealing enough to me.

I heard they're going to make a movie about the book from W.Isaacson (spelling might be off :D)...That I'd be willing to go see :)

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Agree completely. There was way to much sentimentality in Jobs. From everything written about SJ, sentimentality was one thing he had little of.

I thought Pirates Of Silicon Valley conveyed more information more accurately in half the time, given that half the movie was about Bill Gates and Microsoft.

It also showed the mercurial SJ which is probably more accurate. SJ cried a lot according to the Isaacson bio but my sense is he didn't cry out of sadness or a feeling he created greatness, but because he didn't get his way. IMO tone of Jobs was all wrong.

8. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Never went to see it, the previews looked bad and Steve Jobs was a jerk so I didn't see a great movie coming out of his life lol. Plus, I hate Ashton Kutcher in anything but That 70's Show

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato