How many phones does Apple hold back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by overlyunderme, Oct 10, 2012.

1. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

I keep seeing these threads where people have gone into an Apple store and exchanged an iPhone 5 for another one. Sometimes, even going through 5 or more phones to get a "perfect" one. So how is it that I can walk into the same store and be told that there are no phones for sale? How many do they hold behind the counter just for replacement purposes?

2. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

only an Apple employee can comment on that, and the answer would still irrelevent because they don't sell those to the public. given the number of people who complain about small scratches and open multiple units, I even offered to buy a brand new, but opened unit.... but they still refuse to sell it to me.

3. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

They hold back 8 that answer your question? /thread.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That question is akin to "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll tootsie pop". The world may never know.

I seriously doubt Apple would ever comment on that number. Because if they did, undoubtedly some people would be upset that they cannot get a new one while Apple is holding X number of them in reserve and the people would think Apple should just sell them one of them.