How many times can you get a new iphone during your 1 year warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by louis0nfire, Dec 8, 2008.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

I bought my iPhone 3g at launch. About 2 weeks later the battery started acting funny and I brought it in, he checked it out and said the battery had some issues and he gave me a new one. Now there's something wrong with whatever reads the life of the battery. I'll be using it all day and it will say it's full battery, and then i'll look at it 5 min later and it'll be in red or even fully dead. Is there a limit to how many times they can swap out a new phone for you? Thanks.

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I would imagine if you have an actual defect, it should be unlimited.

3. megadon macrumors 6502

before the new update, I was missing a lot of calls, and even some text msgs would be like 24hrs late..

anyways..I spoke to apple about it and I asked them the same exact question..and as long as its still within one year, you can get as many phones as you want..or need..

4. louis0nfire thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

There isnt a limit but the Genius' will be reluctant to give you a new one if youve had it replaced a few times. I went into Apple in Walnut Creek, CA and had a genius there verify i had a light leak and 2 dead pixels but they were out of replacements so i couldnt get any. So i went to the one in Las Vegas (New Caesars Store) and the "Genius" couldnt find the light leak, saw that i had 6 replacements *puts on flame-retardant suit* and said no. Needless to say i gave him a piece of my mind and got a new one and this one is fine:D

6. lokiju macrumors 6502

I'm on my 3rd one so far.

All have been legit issues.

The 1st one I bought, the top sleep button sank in.

The 2nd one stopped receiving 3G almost all together. That was a bit harder to convince them of but I had my wife with me, we both had the same exact model and firmwares and her's had full 3G while mine had 3 bars of Edge, so that pretty much sold them on it being an actual issue.

This is my 3rd one now and the top button is sinking in like my first one did but not as bad, yet.

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the extended warranty before the 1 year runs out as I have serious concerns about the quality and ability for this phone to last at least 2 more years.

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Just ask The Spaz. I think he's gone through 6 or 7 iPhones...

8. statofmotion macrumors member

My iPhone 3G sleep button is sinking in closest to the sim card slot. It annoys the crap out of me because you have to put alot of pressure in order for the button to opperate. I can deal will it, I guess, but if it were all the way popped up it would be amazing! My question is I am still within the 1 year warranty and have 1 more on top of that, I think.

Did they give you a refurbished one or a brand new one? I wouldn't go in to fix it if they gave me a refurbished one, only a new one haha :rolleyes: