How many times have you dropped your 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NacSquared, Oct 19, 2011.

?

How many times have you dropped your 4s?

1. None

89 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. 1

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. 2-3

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. 4 or more

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

We've had our new phones for a couple of days now, I was just wondering who has already dropped theirs.

I was in class as mine slid out of my pocket & dropped on the tile floor. It was a sickening feeling & I've been searching my phone for scratches, but I think I got lucky.

So, have you dropped yours? If so, how many & how?

2. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I refuse to vote in this poll, because i don not want to tempt fate...

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

No fate tempted.....I had the 4 since February, and the 4S on release day. I am VERY careful with it.....it's glass!!!!!

4. NacSquared thread starter macrumors regular

NacSquared

Lol, completely understandable. Just vote, the drop your phone on a nice pad of foam. Then, you won't be jinxed. ;)

5. jayp03x macrumors newbie

Dropped mine yesterday at work. I'm a waiter and usually keep my phone in the pocket of apron. Went to the restroom to pee in a hurry and threw the apron on the floor not thinking and it landed face down HARD! Luckily didn't shatter! :)

6. antman2295, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

antman2295 macrumors 6502

Is there an option of getting run over by a car? That's what happened, and its still in perfect condition :D
    ^ Had a Speck Candyshell on it

The other one took a 3-4 ft. drop and the speck candy shell took the little bit of damage that happened, I wipe the black off the rubber, and the case and phone were both fine :D

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sit up straight!

8. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have mine in a Speck Pixelskin HD case, it doesn't slip out of anywhere.

9. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

I have dropped it a few times already. One somehow flew out of my hand yesterday and crashed into a concrete wall, bounced off and landed on tiled floor luckily no scarring. Just 10 minutes ago I had one on top of a washing machine and then it slipped and feel from over 3 feet high onto tiled floor. Luckily only a slight scratch on the white bezel that is not noticeable unless you stare it.

10. futch macrumors 6502

futch

No drops yet. I'm sure it will happen at some point, not worried about it. The phone will get scratched at some point, it's pretty much inevitable with me. I do not fret over the idea of my phone getting scratched, much more important things to concern myself with, like winning.

11. PaulyD macrumors 6502

You need to be more careful :p

12. Ounce macrumors member

It usually takes me at least a couple months to drop a new iPhone. Let's see how I do this time.

13. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

14. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

I think I have the devil's luck with dropping phones :eek: on my iPhone 4 black, I've dropped it well over 30 times over the course of 14 months. Sometimes with a case sometimes without one. Some drops were extremely severe for example once I was running on a treadmill and the phone was in the cup holder. I accidentally hit the headphone line causing the phone to drop onto the belt and was sent flying 10 feet across the room. However with all that my phone is actually in excellent condition other than a few nicks on the bezel :eek: Whereas a friend of mine dropped her phone just once and the phone had to be replaced due to speaker problems from the fall.

15. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I am too but I dropped it once a few days ago. Luckily only my case took the beating.

16. BMWNEW macrumors member

Dropped it several times (about 4-6), including concrete floor and tile.
    No case. No serious damage. I am lucky + iP4 is very strong :apple:

17. oshia86 macrumors regular

Once. A friend knocked it out of my hand. I have the Otterbox Defender. No worries. :)

18. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

lol.. i know someone who had on otter box, and the covered the otter box in foam and stuff.. then they drove a car over it... IT SURVIVED!

19. skaguyy macrumors newbie

I got the commuter

played hackysack with it in the case to test it out

...my friends and I are stupid

20. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Dropped mine getting out of a car at a gas station. Otterbox Defender did it's defending well.

Big, bulky, and apparently #41-proof.

21. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You people who have already dropped you phone 4-5 times or more in just a few days SHOULD NOT REPRODUCE!:eek:

There is nothing more ugly than a iPhone stuck in an Otterbox

22. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

Sure there is -- an iPhone that dropped and shattered the screens.

Sorry, I don't handle stuff with white glove care like it's a radioactive museum piece. It's a piece of consumer electronics that you own to use. I'm on my phone a ton, and when I'm not talking I'm browsing the internet. Drops are inevitable.

Get off your high horse.

23. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but I will stay on my horse. I bet I use my phone more than you (LOL) and I have never dropped it. But then I do not fall asleep on the couch and let slide off my stomach!:p

I am running a company with 30+ employees and you would have to be unemployed to be on your phone more than me!:cool:

24. NoahOnlyiPhone macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 that I've had since April...I dropped it a few times but I'm really scared at school. Someone bumped me once and made me drop it. Another person took slapped my phone out of my hand at school and made me replace my phone. Since the replacement I only dropped it twice from two feet each. Once from putting it in my backpack and missing, and the other from it falling out of my pocket onto tile in science class.