How many times have you had your iphone replaced by apple since you got it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mercury6966, Dec 18, 2007.

?

How many times has your iPhone been replaced?

1. Never :cool:

155 vote(s)
    66.2%
  2. 1 time

42 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. 2 times

15 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. 3 times

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. 4 times

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. 5 or more times :eek:

12 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. mercury6966 macrumors newbie

Just this past weekend for me it was number 4, the first had software problems that apple could'nt or just didnt want to fix it so they just gave me a new one and then the 2nd one the wifi did not work at all , so they gave me a new one and the 3rd one the speaker blew which I thought was wierd cause I barely use the thing, so they gave me a new one this is my 4th Iphone since launch day lol good thing I bought that applecare huh?

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

bought my iPhone on august 4th and had to exhange it for a new yesterday (12/17/07). The bottom half of the screen lost its touch. :rolleyes::D

3. alFR macrumors 68020

4. danny_w macrumors 601

Once. I bought it on a Friday and kept getting a message that there was no SIM installed, although there was (and it was NOT hacked). I took it back on Monday and they replaced it with a new iPhone. It has worked great ever since.

5. ben5959 macrumors regular

Yah ive already had mine replaced twice. My first phone was shocking me when it was charging and i would trh and talk on it, and the second one that they sent me was damaged during shipping.

I do have a question about my current Iphone, I only have sound come out of the left speaker and nothing out of the right, is that normal, its been like that since i got it and i didnt notice if the ones that i had replaced were like that as well?

6. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

The apple care hasn't even kicked in yet.
    You are still covered under the normal warranty.

7. sam3020 macrumors 6502

sam3020

Yes that is normal that it only comes out of one. I have not had to replace mine yet lol

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

9. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

on my first iphone purchased on iday here. it's been perfect (knock on wood)...

see page 12 of the user guide - one side is the microphone and the other side is the speaker, so what you're experiencing is normal.

10. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Still on my first phone. Works great- my best phone ever.

11. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I concur.

:cool:

12. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Other than once having to reboot the phone due to lack of touch response, it's been great!

13. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

If i had to return the same product 4x because of poor QC I would spend my money elsewhere. You all are quite patient.;)

14. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They can take away my iPhone by prying it away from my cold, dead, fingers... :eek:

15. mercury6966 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea I know, I was just saying with the luck i've been having with the iphone its a good thing I bought an extra year

16. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have had my iPhone since the release and have not had it replaced. I haven't really had any problems with it. Of the three people I am good friends with that have iPhones, only one of them has had it replaced and he has had it replaced 2 times.

17. jrr macrumors newbie

I've had mine since the day they came out as well, and I just had to replace it today. Starting a couple weeks ago, squeezing it, or sometimes just touching the screen even, would cause it to vibrate (it would turn vibrate mode on). It wouldn't happen when the switch was on vibrate though. The Apple Genius had never seen anything like it.

18. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Once. The battery was overheating on my first 4GB model. Thank god they let me upgrade to an 8GB :)

19. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I bought 1st iPhone 10-11-07...

and replaced my week 32, with a week 47 due to a "software glitch." The screen flickered and looked like a wounded pacman game, then the speaker made this crackling noise and then the screen went blank. Did a hardboot and the phone took about 5 minutes to turn back on, then the normal icon screen switched to the start-up screen (black w/silver apple) all by itself. Drove to the Apple Store, just 2 minutes away, and about 15-20 minutes of waiting for the next available Genius, then I had a new iPhone. Walked to my car and synced to my MacBook and it was like it never happened. Thank God, I was near an Apple Store! :cool:

20. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Never replaced

I have had my original 4GB model since July 2007. And I have only had 1 problem with it since then that scared me, though the problem was an easy fix.

One time my ear piece stopped working and the only way I could hear anything was to use the speaker phone. After a quick search of the Apple support site I found the fix. Just replug the headphones into the iPhone while on a call and then unplug. Some how the iPhone was confused and thought that the headphones were still plugged in even though they were not.

Although sometimes I wish my iPhone would break so I could upgrade to the 8GB model.
    :D

21. lambo32490 macrumors newbie

Third iPhone

I've had my iPhone replaced twice (so im on my third) and the reasons for replacement weren't too serious. My first had atypical software bugs with itunes and a few other applications (which is probably fixed now) and the second which was replaced less than a week ago had issues calling with the speaker. I couldn't hear anything during a phone call and when I got to the apple store they told me about the little headphone trick. I still spoke to a genius and told them a list of things I was unhappy with on my phone (including the little black pannel on the back of the phone which was slightly loose) So as a result, they gave me a brand new looking, refurbished phone...goodbye scratches/ occasional software issues (hopefully!!)

Let me tell you, the mac geniuses are very helpful and understanding of your problems. u should also realize that they give out new phones at their disgression so just be nice and they should help you out...its worked for me.

15" macbook pro
    20" iMac (new model)
    8GB iPhone
    20GB iPod Video
    20GB iPod (bricked lol)
    2GB iPod nano

22. motomullet macrumors member

23. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

My iPhone is a trooper. Even after a bad fall all is still well.

24. sWaltuo macrumors regular

My Second ..

Got my first on iDay and although it was tough to party with the beautiful girl that I had fallen in love with (She had battery problems). But by the time I got home I had found another lover!

On the serious, I also think that along with being nice to the Genius that is helping you. Apple wants to take a look at as many troubled iPhones as possible, hopefully figuring out what is going wrong in cases that occur often and how to fix/prevent it from happening in future software/hardware updates.

25. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

Just once. My first one was perfect, except that it didn't report the battery correctly. Called AppleCare was told to go to my local Apple Store, they didn't have any AppleCare phones (and they wouldn't just give me a new one) so I could give them my phone but I would be without a phone for 3 days or so. So I called AppleCare back they overnighted an AppleCare Service Phone, sent mine back. Got a new phone overnighted back, sent them the AppleCare phone back. Had the same one since.