How many times you can swap your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

This will be my third time to apple store. Last two times there were scuffs and screen problem. This time there is a rattling sound in my iPhone, looks like some screww is loose inside. The phone is cosmetically perfect and works fine. However, do you think i should go exchange by risking that the new units will have another problem. Do you think i should forgive apple and get away with it or i should go swap it tmr. How many times i can swap though?

2. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Not sure, but why not swap it one more time. You obviously are not 100% happy. I'd swap it.

3. Radiating macrumors 65816

You can swap it an unlimited number of times. Some people have gone through 6+ phones. I would swap it out, but be sure to carefully inspect your new phone you don't want one that's worse.

4. suni macrumors newbie

How many times you can swap your iPhone

his will be my third time to apple store. Last two times there were scuffs and screen problem. This time there is a rattling sound in my iPhone, looks like some screww is loose inside. The phone is cosmetically perfect and works fine. However, do you think i should go exchange by risking that the new units will have another problem. Do you think i should forgive apple and get away with it or i should go swap it tmr. How many times i can swap though?

5. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

why did you repeat what i said

6. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

Well the rattle sound is usually on all iPhones if we're talking about the same thing. Since there is no cosmetic damage, I say hold on to the one you already have.

I swapped my 5 out with a new one today. The one I got on launch had scratches so I waited almost the full 30 days before trying to return it. I figured that would give Apple time to improve their production techniques a bit. My new 5 is great. No scratches at all.

Phones are still a bit hard to find in some places, so try not to use up all the new stock by returning multiple phones. After the 3rd try I'd just live with it. Good luck!

7. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Why don't you thoroughly inspect the phone before you leave the store this time?

8. children macrumors regular

you can swap as many times as you want, given that you have a valid reason.

That said, I would give it a few weeks so Apple fixes the minor quality issues. Right now, it seems you are returning one lemon just to replace it with another

9. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't do retail exchange because I bought it from AT&T . I can only do the service unit swap . Hope they are still new not refurb

----------

I did and the genius won't exchange for me as he claim it is only a motor sound . That time I already go through two swap unit in the same shop and he said this one is the last one

----------

It looks like my phone sound like cabasa

10. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

The genius won't swap the phone for me . She said it is from camera and its normal. I told her other phone on the display don't make sounds and she said some does n some don't. How the hell she said making sound in a 700 dollar gadget is normal