How many would prefer Trump 2 Resign or get Impeached

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Phil in ocala, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Phil in ocala macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

In your heart of hearts you know this man is not going to finish four years...what would U prefer...resignation like Nixon, Agnew, Gingrich....or impeachment????

The Irrefutable Truth :The Republican Record:

Nixon: Resigns

Agnew: Resigns

Reagan: Iran-Contra 14 indicted, 6 go to Federal Prison the rest resign.

Reagan not impeached after Nancy explains he has Dementia

and had no idea what was going on...(as President of the USA)

Republican Speaker Gingrich: Resigns as Speaker and as Congressman

Republican Bob Livingston resigns

Republican Speaker Hastert: In Federal Prison

Scooter Libby: Indicted and convicted under G.W. Bush

Bush crashes the US economy

Republicans nominate Trump who insults all others and wants his opponent

in Jail so he can run unopposed.

Anyone see a pattern?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Not at all.

3. Phil in ocala thread starter macrumors 6502

Phil in ocala

You don't see a pattern? You win...a nice unused Windows 95 computer....

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

You should probably post this thread in the PRSI forum.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I am so torn on this issue..

1) I'm not sure if I want him removed at all. Pence might be worse in terms of policy. On the other hand Trump is really really bad, and I think bad for the country in terms of the tone he sets, not just in the U.S., but in foreign policy affairs as well.

2) Impeachment - I'm not sure the Republicans have the backbone for it frankly. They seem very spineless these days.

3) Resignation - I'm not sure Trump's ego would ever allow himself to resign. But who knows? He's good at revisionist history and making excuses so anything's possible I guess.

6. PracticalMac, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Compare this actions some Democrats did.
    (Winer (not Winner), that NY AG, Bill)

One sided lists will just get you a bias label.

7. bopajuice, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

You make way too much sense here. The insults, attacks, and references to past Democrats and their transgressions commence. Here we go!!!

8. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Personally, I'd prefer him to act like a decent human being and an adult.

Yeah, he's part of the "opposing party" to my own, but Jesus tap-dancing Christ, at least Reagan and the Bushes tried to be decent human beings. That's all I'm asking for from him.

9. bopajuice, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

In all honesty, if the guy would just shut the heck up and stop being the TMZ of Washington, delete his twitter accounts, stop with the shameless self promotion, get down to renegotiating our financial standing in the world and bring the money home, create infrastructure jobs and stop trying to promote coal and natural gas at the same time, really FIX THE HEALTHCARE system, not just tweak it to fit the current political party, but to benefit ALL Americans, spend the money to overhaul the immigration system and polices that don't work instead of building a worthless wall, and promote clean energy and clean up the environment.... Then ya I say let him stay.

On the other hand, all this might not be possible if he continues to reject the idea that a foreign power(s) are trying to undermine our democracy through elections and hacking intelligence infrastructure. Guilty or not something needs to be done to protect our soil.

--- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017 ---
    One sided responses accomplish the same thing.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Get rid of Trump and you get a hard right christian.

11. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

But, to be fair, Pence is also a career politician, so he's potentially less destructive than Trump's weird irrationality.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't care. I just can't take the craziness, the impulsivity, and the lack of professionalism.

A hard right Christian sounds positively refreshing compared to trump.

Oh. And regarding the OP's question ... if it becomes clear that trump has to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see a medical condition arise that forces him to leave office.

13. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I don't see any reason yet why he wouldn't finish this term. Much to the frustration of the hysterical left.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Once again yet another person ignores all of those on the right who equally dislike Trump and who also think he is a horrible president.

When will people here understand disliking Trump is not a left/right thing or exclusive to just one party?

15. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't think will resign, you're absolutely right. Resignation would be a sign of failure and Trump could not accept that.

IF Trump was to be impeached depending on your political views, I agree Pence would probably be worse. He has some very radical ideas- like creationism, pro-"religious freedom" (discrimination under the guise of religious freedom IMO),
    saying there's no link between cancer and smoking (at least in 2001), etc. I want an ethical, intelligent, logicallly free thinking person running as president, not an evangelical religious zealot. As awful as a President Trump is, he's pretty ineffective in getting much done. Despite his claims, Trump hasn't accomplished a lot of legislation since his inauguration.

I honestly don't think this Russia thing will amount to anything based on the information available to us- but I could be wrong. The democrats obviously want Trump gone or at least distracted, the Media hates Trump and often posts imcriminating headlines but the article itself is speculation or contains little evidence. I'm not saying Russian collusion isn't possible, honestly I wouldn't be surprised, I'm just saying there isn't sufficient evidence (public ally anyways) and even if some of Trump's staffers colluded, it doesn't mean Trump knew about it. I'm not a lawyer, but impeachment seems like it's a long ways off if things continue as they are.

16. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

trump 2020 :D

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Your post has sparked a thought...

Are there republicans here who think Pence would be worse? I would think the average Republican would prefer Pence, and would love to have Trump dumped, but maybe I am wrong.

18. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

The average Republican is not what most people seem to think the average Republican is. ;) I believe that the Tea Party wing of the party provides a useful window on the near future of the Right; that is where all the modern growth in party membership appears to be happening. So, less emphasis on classical financial conservatism or the "neo-con" movement; more emphasis on reducing taxes, reducing government as a whole, and populism. The "alt-right" also seems to have a much greater foothold in the modern Republican base than in the past.

In short, these are the people who are consistently giving Trump good poll numbers among his "base", despite his not being anything like a classical conservative. The party of Reagan is dead, dead, dead.

19. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

We don't live in bizzarro land like you do, so no.
    What makes you think that? Most Republicans wanted Donnie and chose him as the candidate.
    I sure as hell don't want Pence. It would go back to the usual business and I want no more of that.

20. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

He is creating a great deal of employment for the late night comedians. What would they do without him.
    I think what is going to bring him down eventually is his links to money laundering.

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Patterns exist where you want to see them.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

More like re-election at the end of his first term.

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Resign. Guy has the ego the size of the universe. Resigning and avoiding being impeached means he'll be done away with, with some dignity left in him. He could be pardoned, but those cover federal crimes only. They do not cover state crimes. Last I checked, there's four or five cases being developed by various state AGs against him and Trump Co.

The brazen assumption he's clean as a whistle. Leaks floating around and the mess he made of Indiana lead me to believe that guy is in up to his neck in crap.
    If it helps, Pence had no idea what he was doing as governor of Indiana. In fact, he made the state worse for inhabitants. I'm sure he'd fill in Trump's shoes just nicely.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You're speaking of most delegates at the convention wanting Trump. Plenty of Republican voters thoroughly loathe Donald Trump, of which fact the RNC was fully aware. They hoped to persuade those voters to put a big clothespin on their noses and vote straight down the ballot from top to bottom, for THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM. Mike Pence's nomination as VP candidate was meant in large part to help ensure that, especially in the case of mainstream evangelicals, and to appeal to anyone else who on grounds of their perceptions of morality, decency or general decorum may have felt conflicted over the prospect of voting for Trump vs maybe staying home.

Now plenty of Rs and Ds alike did stay home in November, but Pence was was attractive enough to help put Trump over the top for the GOP in the electoral college. Might have been a case of the GOP Congressional races having some updraft there too, but Pence was surely a significant help to the Republicans last fall.

You may not want things to go back to "the usual business" but there were Republicans who had been resigned to a Clinton victory --since there were mainstream conservatives opposed to Trump who were even suggesting that at the time-- who changed their minds when Pence ran alongside Trump. They're maybe not your cup of tea as far as politics goes, but they did help you get your preferred candidate, Trump, into the Oval Office.

You guys on the far right need to step back and see the bigger picture sometimes. Otherwise the antics of the far right as reflected in the House are going to hand the place back to the Dems one of these days over something stupid - like shutting down the government over the debt ceiling, etc. or hanging up a fix to the healthcare.

Better to be working for change on the inside with a party majority than to be out in the deserts again like the Dems have been for quite awhile now. But hey, if your caucus in the House wants to throw it back to us in 2018, we'll take it. ;)

EDIT: oh yeah, on the thread question: i'd prefer Trump resign.

25. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I think Trump is a disaster. That said, I support the Rule of Law and US Institutions - so, for the moment, I trust them to do their job(s) and let the chips fall where-they-may.