How much better will the new screen be ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tig Bitties, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

Besides the larger screen the upcoming iPhone5 will have, what about better colors, deeper more realistic colors ? Better in the daylight technology like the new Nokia Windows 8 Phones ? What new features besides size, do think the new screen will offer over the iPhone4 ?

2. ek9max macrumors regular

I bet it will be exactly the same aside from being larger....

I'm ok with that though.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

The pixel density is expected to be roughly the same.

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

it'll be super better!!!!

5. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Let you know on Sept 12th. ;) Tim Cook will tell us I bet.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Well, you can almost bet that half of them shipped on launch day will have a "yellow tint" right guys? RIGHT?!?!

7. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

That would be a major letdown. The pixel density is fine, but the colors need improving, the iPhone4 screens looks washed out and outdated to me, compared to phones like the HTC One-X with S-LCD2. I would think after two years it would be a whole new screen technology.

8. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Since the glass screen will be thinner, I heard that it should be brighter. Have to look for that link ;)

Edit: Here we go.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-iphone-thinner-screen-20120717,0,4995707.story

"The Cupertino, Calif., tech giant is already mass-producing the screens, which will integrate touch capabilities into the LCD and thereby removing the need for a second layer used to make it a touch screen, according to the report. The technology, called in-cell, is about a half-millimeter thinner than what Apple uses now and is also expected to make the overall quality of the iPhone screen better."