Price Advice How much can I expect to sell my 13" Macbook Air for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by saintforlife, Nov 27, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 65816

Specs:
    Model Year - Oct 2010
    Purchased - Mar 2011
    Processor - 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo
    RAM - 4GB
    SSD - 128GB
    Screen size - 13"

Where is the best place to sell this computer so that I get the best deal? Are there any sites online that I can sell this easily? Can you expect to get a good price by selling it via Craigslist?

Also what is the best way to delete your personal information, user accounts etc. before selling the computer, but still at the same time give the computer preloaded with applications like MS Office for Mac 2011 etc. (so that I get a little higher price)?

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Also what is the best way to delete your personal information, user accounts etc. before selling the computer, but still at the same time give the computer preloaded with applications like MS Office for Mac 2011 etc. (so that I get a little higher price)?

Create a new account with Administrator privileges, then delete your account and that will get rid of all you personal information.

As for selling, I sell on ebay but fees really take a bite out of the sale, 9% selling fees and 3% paypal fees - ebay also gets the 9% selling/final value fee on any shipping charges. Never tried craigs list but that can save you a bundle on fees if you can get cash but you may need to meet in a dark parking lot to make the exchange :eek:

3. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

I'd say something like $800-900 if you have the box, it's in perfect shape, etc. The reason is that you can get a refurb (though with only 2 GB RAM) for $899. And the CPU differential between the Core 2 Duo and i5/i7 Airs is substantial.

4. radardude macrumors newbie

radardude

Best Price

You might want to check out promax.com. I try to sell my stuff to people I know or work with through bulletin boards. I also try to buy that way. Although I have bought from ebay and been lucky so far, I would not buy a high dollar item from a onesy/twosey seller on ebay. Thats just me.

Best of luck!!!:cool:

5. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

On Craigslist in my area, they are selling for $850-1000.
    Best of luck.