How much can I get for a Late 2013 13" 8GB/256GB rMBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kingdf, Apr 7, 2015.

1. kingdf macrumors regular

I'm trying to sell my rMBP (Late 2013) 13" with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. I've only had it for a year and it's in pretty much perfect condition. Always had a case on it, no scratches or scuffs, never dropped it. I originally bought it for $1470 after using my student discount before. I'd like to get at least $1000 for it. Do you think thats doable? I plan to put it on craigslist and eBay.

2. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

should check on craigslist in your area and also eBay, If you are in a rush to sell to purchase a new machine do many 100-200 off to everyone else's prices.
    Hope this helps! and good luck on the sale.

3. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

I have been following the prices on that particular model (it's what I have) and you're not going to get $1000 for it. The highest I have seen them go on ebay was $950. Figure 10% ebay fee and 3% Paypal fee and you end up with about $830.
    It is best to sell it locally but it depends in the area you live in.
    If you can get $850-900 locally, do it in heartbeat.

4. kingdf thread starter macrumors regular

I also have Apple Care on it until 2017, how much should that increase the value of the rMBP by?

5. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Yeah, that increases value. You may get $1000 if it has Applecare.

6. kingdf thread starter macrumors regular

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Damn that's insane. It's the model I have too, and even though it's two generations old, it's still nearly the same thing as the current model.

8. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

Just a word of advice... try retaking the picture with it on a table instead of your carpet. Doesn't bode well when you have a $1000+ laptop on the floor trying to sell it. Makes it look like you may not have treated it with care during your ownership of it (even if you did) to potential buyers.

And with eBay at least, you may want to try using a Buy It Now price with ability to submit offers instead of auction style, especially with your starting price so high. That'll give you a better idea of what buyers are willing to pay for it. Your current Buy It Now price isn't realistic considering one can purchase the equivalent new current model for the same price.

9. sk24iam macrumors regular

You should be able to get between $1,000 and $1,100. If you have all of the original cables and box it maybe worth more to some buyers.

10. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Very good advice.
    Also I would add more pictures, especially a screenshot of 'About this Mac', battery cycle count, and the page where it shows the Applecare warranty valid until 2017.
    It makes potential buyers trust you more since you have very low number of transactions and don't have any transactions in more than a year.

Good luck with the sale.

11. K.Jensen macrumors newbie

Buy it now price would be good. I was looking for one on your listing. Not sure I am willing to pay 1050.00 though.

12. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Well good job getting a great advertisement on MacRumors lol.

You should list the processor speed, picture of the screen when on, etc

More pictures = more confidence

13. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

And...

Also, post a link to your Periscope and Meerkat profiles.

Point it at the computer.

Be sure to live stream 24/7 until it's sold.

14. Airboy1466 macrumors regular

Airboy1466

I say it's worth $1000 and you should change the buy it now price to $1100 and start auction at $850 $900 will get you more watchers most people set preferences on eBay and usually sort by low price first and with yours being so high gives you less traffics also more pictures one showing Apple care battery cycle count aswell as about this Mac to prove what your selling is legit which will further void you from being scammed

15. kingdf thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up selling it on Craigslist for $1000 cash. Met the buyer at the local mall and the exchange took less than a minute. :cool:

16. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Good show

Sounds like everyone should be happy here.

17. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

My prediction was right :cool: