iPhone How much can you sort photos and albums in iOS6 ?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sineplex, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sineplex macrumors 6502

How much can you sort photos and albums in iOS6 ?

Coming from iOS4. It was so restrictive and just plain terrible.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You can move you images from your photo stream and camera roll to projects and folders that are synced with iTunes.

You can also now delete items directly from your idevice rather than the old 4.2 way of having to sync to achieve deletion.

You can mail /tweet / FB your images directly from the iphone or ipad too.

Overall, IOS6 gives you a lot more control over your image libraries than IOS4 ever did.

Used in conjunction with an app like Goodreader, you can also move files around your network too.

3. sineplex thread starter macrumors 6502

can you create new folders (albums) and move photos to different folders without syncing. Just drag and drop?

4. Razeus macrumors 601

Yes.

Note however, Apple STILL hasn't implemented a way to get this back to iPhoto on your Mac. The albums you create on your iPhone, stay on your iPhone and won't sync back to Mac.

5. Dilbert macrumors newbie

Its also worth mentioning that if you already have lots of different folders with photos in them synced back to iTunes loaded onto your iPhone/iPad then doing an over the air update to iOS 6 makes a right royal mess of these. Not sure if updating via iTunes would be better but certainly the way I did it made a right mess.

I had 6,000 photos sorted into 200+ different folders synced from my PC to my iPad and iPhone and doing an over the air update of these devices nuked all but 4 of the folders and seemingly deleted the photos when looked at them in Albums view but they are all still there when looking at them in the Photos tab.

Thankfully I still have them sorted on my PC so it should be easy to sort the issue out but I don't understand why this update made such a mess of them in the first place.