How much data do you guys use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whynotgotovegas, Feb 8, 2012.

1. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

Please don't hate if there are many other forum posts just like this, I haven't found any though! Could you guys who have the My Verizon app or whatever AT&T has, and tell me how much data you guys use? My mom just got a 4S and in thinking of buying one too, or the next iPhone that comes out, but I will end up having to get the 2gb plan. My mom has had the same unlimited plan for years so she doesn't have to worry. When AT&T starting with the plans I remember them saying only like 5% of people to over 2gb in a month or something? Any help would be awesome..thanks :)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My average is currently 9GB. Currently at 4.3GB with 1.5 weeks to go in my billing cycle. On AT&T unlimited and have never gotten a throttle message or reduced speeds.

3. whynotgotovegas thread starter macrumors member

Lol, Facebook taking over your life? Haha just kidding, but wow. That's a lot of data xD. Are you sure your not being throttled from AT&T? I have friends (tech friends) with the iPhone 4 and once they hit like 3.5gb they see major speed drops. Could be where we live though.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No Facebook here. Mostly downloading big files because DSL sucks with a low data cap. Lots of Netflix and streaming media as well. Very sure I'm not being throttled, currently getting about 3.6Mb down.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I consistently use 2.5 to 2.8GB via my unlimited AT&T plan. It's because I travel so much, using my iPhone as a mini laptop. I have never been warned or throttled.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi Guys,

Im in the Uk and at present can only dream about eating up as much data download as you guys !

Im on a 1gb data package and would be happy with a 2gb package but at present my 02 network don't offer it.

If I go over my 1gb then I'm not charged anymore but my speeds are throttled !

7. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

8. 0071238 Suspended

2-3gb a month. I'm on wifi about 60% of any given month.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Usually 3-4GB a month, but I have hit 15GB once when it was being tethered 24/7 for a couple of weeks to my computer.

10. jkeith0919 macrumors member

Last month I used 1.1GB & this month less than 1GB. I'm on wifi a lot though.

11. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

350-400 MB. I've got 3 days left in my billing cycle on VZW and I'm at 287 MB's so far this month. My wife is at about the same level of usage. Both of us are surrounded by high speed wifi networks in our daily work lives and our wifi at home runs about 25 mbps download, so we simply don't use 3G that often. Most all restaurants and hangouts we go to have some form of wifi also. Both of us are on unlimited plans.

12. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I use about 1GB per week, so around 4 to 4.5 GB per month. I do a lot of Pandora streaming simply because I can, and I have unlimited data on Sprint.

If I had to police myself and not stream Pandora, I'd probably be down closer to the 2 GB per month use.

I'm also using Viggle, so that's downloading a bunch of video and data too.

I have Wifi at home, but not at work or on my commute to work, so that's where I'm pulling my 3G data from.

13. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

About 2gb a month. Use to go over my 6gb cap but I was traveling.

14. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Between 2 and 4gb per month mainly from streaming radio over TuneIn Radio.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Same here

16. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

The most I have used was in Decmber which was 285989 KB, 0.27274 gb

The reason for very little usage is because my job facilities are wifi enabled along with my home, plus I use my iPad at home mostly.

When im out and about, im usually not using my phone to browse the net much. My usage out of wifi is usually looking up addresses and phone numbers mainly. every once in a while, if Im at the doctors office or at a friends house without my iPad, ill check my facebook and Twitter.

i am a big HEYTell user though. Obviously that doesnt use a lot of data though.

17. 4Sid macrumors newbie

18. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

19. Nlynn527 macrumors regular

I only use about 1.5gb a month and I have an unlimited time. I'd say 75% of the time I use my phone I'm on wifi though.

20. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

I use about 900 megabytes a month. I'm always on WiFi so I'm rarely using data.

21. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

about 6gb /m

mostly all from streaming Pandora while at work, i'm always on wifi once i'm at home.

22. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I use around 1.5 GB/month on my 2GB plan. I don't hold back on my usage either, I am usually on wifi except for when at work.

23. mantan macrumors 68000

I can't get the local sports radio station in my office building, so I tend to use Tune In between meetings. On heavy months I'm right around 2 gigs.

I have to admit, the potential of being throttled has me being a bit more judicious. I find myself listening to shows I really like live and turning it off during bad shows or long commercial breaks.

I'm seriously tempted to just get the 3 gig and be done with it, which is obviously their intent.

24. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

When I was with ATT I used around 2 or 3 gigs a month. But now on my Verizon I bath in Data 15 or 16 gigs a month, I like to pour Data all over my naked body. Sometimes I will have beautiful women feed me data as I lay in my day bed.

hedonismbot_by_NightEmissary.jpg

25. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Varies widely for me. Some months I do as little as 300MB and other months I top out at 4GB. In December I did 5GB because I was tethering, and iDisk just up and decided to resync everything on my mac.

Got Wifi at work and home. So my heavy-usage months are when I'm traveling.

I'm on the Personal Hotspot plan.