How much do you think LTE will expand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonemaster5S, Jul 30, 2013.

1. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

In the case of T-Mobile and Sprint how much do you think they will cover by the end of this year? T-Mobile seems to be on a roll right now and based off of their goal and how they met it this time around I think they will beat their original goal of I believe 200 markets.

Sprint I am unsure what they will do, they don't seem to have been making huge progress as T-Mobile has unless they just don't announce it. What do you think will they ever match The coverage of Verizon and AT&T?

2. irDigital0l Guest

No, Sprint will never catch Verizon or AT&T.

T-Mobile needs the iPhone though, they better keep developing their LTE network.

3. iPhonemaster5S thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

What do you mean by "needs the iPhone" they already have it.

4. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Once LTE 800 devices are released you will quickly see the LTE coverage offered by Sprint expand the coverage by a lot. Sprint just announced 41 new markets today including mine so there is a total of 151 markets with LTE now, not too shabby considering they are tearing down and re-building every tower and every tower is LTE-A ready.

5. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

Get off your stinking sprint high horse already. They SUCK, and your creditability just goes down the drain every time you defend them and their dial up network.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I, too, don;t understand the people who come to Sprint's defense. But whatever, not my problem. I'd love for them to expand their LTE massively. As everyone says, more competition is better.

7. ValerieDurden, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013

ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Quite good actually, I could leave Sprint at anytime for Verizon or AT&T but I am content with Sprint, unlimited fast LTE and 3G (for CDMA rev a. standards) and great coverage everywhere I go, can't say the same for AT&T when I had them I couldn't make a phone call in my house as I always had "No Service" with Sprint I get at least two bars inside. And throw in the bill with AT&T that always goes up for no reason, yeah to hell with that I like having the same bill every month. And Verizon is just too expensive for a highly congested network, to get a somewhat comparable plan from them would cost me about $140 a month for a single line, ain't happening.

Give it a little time and you will be surprised.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have "boy who cried wolf" syndrome. Sprint fans have been touting that their wonderful network is "just about to get better" for years. I even decided to bite and tried them in the HTC Evo days... regretted that move, and I gave up my AT&T unlimited to go there (though I got it back later). As with everything that takes this long to come to fruition, I'll believe it when I see it.

9. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Sprint is going to take years for this "amazing" NV to finish, if it ever does...

TMobile is stuck because, even if they upgrade all their HSPA areas to LTE, they'll still have much much less LTE than both Sprint/VZW/AT&T. They just don't seem to care about all that EDGE/GPRS out there.

VZW and AT&T are in a different league. Both have more LTE up than TMobile has 3G up.

It's hilarious that all the TMobile and Sprint boys are calling the upcoming 600mhz spectrum auction some sort of hail mary for both carriers. If anything, I can see VZW and AT&T opening their checkbooks wide open and buying as much as they possibly could. They are simply in the position to dominate.

TMobile needs to stick with being an urban carrier and dropping all of their nationwide 4G network BS. It's clearly not nationwide.

----------

Sounds like our business Sprint rep at work. My IT manager ate his BS right up and switched all of us onto Sprint MiFis last year. Needless to say, we all ended up with AT&T ones by Christmas time. What a great present that was! :D

----------

[/COLOR]
    They're announcing areas that are barely even finished to up their market count.

Salt Lake, all of the Mass cities, etc barely have any working LTE.

10. irDigital0l Guest

They have the unlocked one.

I think most people still get iPhones and upgrade them based on the 2 year contract plans.

11. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Really no different than what T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon does. There are a lot of places in my area that are lit up with LTE, if you go into town it's just about everywhere even in the sports stadiums where you can get 5 bars and 10+Mbps during a crowded game.

12. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Wait what?

The TMobile one is locked to them until you pay it off or you buy it off contract.

13. BlockEight88 macrumors regular

T-Mobile is mostly EDGE because of their AWS frequencies. AWS requires many cell sites. T-Mobile does have the capacity, but the AWS is very bad at building penetration. T-Mobile and AT&T use the same tower by my house. My sister has a GS4 with 5 bars of EDGE and I get beautiful AT&T H+ and LTE. If T-Mobile has 850mhz their H+ signal would reach more people.

14. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

That's not a valid excuse anymore IMO. There are plenty of EU carriers running 1 GHz+ frequencies with fantastic building coverage. It means they have to put up more towers, antennas, etc. They just aren't willing to do that.

AT&T runs HSPA/GSM on 1900 exclusively in some parts of the US (NH for example) and they have no major problems with building penetration, coveragr, etc.

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

They sell one that is locked to their network just like the other 3 carriers. It is NOT unlocked.