How much does iPhone 5 drop when 5S comes out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by narutoninjakid, Jul 15, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

I know Usually when the new 5S comes out or 6 the price of the iPhone 5 will drop. I wanted to Purchase a bad ESN iPhone 5 o use as an iPod Touch since the specs are much better on the 5 in terms of processor and Camera. Is their truth to this I feel like the 5 will be able to keep up with iOS 7 and future updates as well as receive updates from Apple longer than the iPod touch 5th gen will ? What do you guys think , is the upgrade worth it or is it just better off to get the iPod Touch 5th Gen ? I was going to potentially wait until the price drops a little before I purchase one. Or does it not matter when you purchase the phone as iPhone's don't loose value quickly ?

2. g35 macrumors 6502a

I have been shopping for used ones on Craigslist (in Canada) right now. An iPhone 5 is worth about 70%, iphone 4S is worth 40%, iphone 4 is worth 25%, and iPhone 3GS is worth 15% (all compared to the new price of $659). This is based on the asking price, not the final price.

From my experience an iPhone will smoothly run the OS it was released with and the one after that, no problem. After that they get choppy (eg. iPhone 4 on iOS 6...not slow, but not smooth like when it was released). Then apple releases one more OS for it where most people just complain about it, then they stop supporting it altogether.