Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the white 4S - in mint condition...until an hour ago. My wife too the phone while I was in the middle of call, then dropped it... I cursed.. Abit, maybe a lot - but within reason I think, £500! FFS! :-( .. Anyway, she's seen HER ass with me for my reaction. can you believe it??
:)

I'm so fussy though I won't look at this the same anymore... It's dead to me as far as I'm concerned.
There's a few little marks on the screen, 1 by the front camera & te plastic ridges are marked abit, bottom right is scuffed abit. It fell naked onto rough pavement :(
It was in a griffin wallet case, but the way she was holding it, it slipped out the case and fell....gutted.

So I could, drop it in some orange juice? Claim on house insurance? I have a £100 fee to pay then...
What would it sell for on eBay? .. I'd be getting the iPhone 5, I've always kept them mint condition though, sold them around £350 a week before new release..6 months with a marked phone though? Would it sell for much?

I

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Serious bro

RolledUp20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wrexham, North Wales

808? said:
So I could, drop it in some orange juice? Claim on house insurance? I have a £100 fee to pay then.

Insurance fraud.

Not really, I pay house insurance for nothing otherwise :)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

The fact that you haven't seen a return on your house insurance yet does not make this any less insurance fraud. You don't pay car insurance so you can total your car into a sign post after it gets a scratch on its hubcap either. That said, if it is covered (often times the "I dropped my cell phone into orange juice" isn't covered standard under insurance like that), you will likely get away with it without issues. Claims like this are a reason why premiums go up by the way.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

sounds like you do not know the definition of insurance or "insurance fraud" ... the investigators usually catch those guys.

your wife could do better

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
sounds like you do not know the definition of insurance or "insurance fraud" ... the investigators usually catch those guys.

I agree his definition is off, but it would be pretty hard for an investigator to find out the damage wasn't accidental (unless he is stupid about how he does it). This isn't arson. He can merely drop the phone in the toilet. Done.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I agree his definition is off, but it would be pretty hard for an investigator to find out the damage wasn't accidental (unless he is stupid about how he does it). This isn't arson. He can merely drop the phone in the toilet. Done.

it is still insurance fraud ... every fraudster thinks they will get away with it ... however investigators sometimes catch these brainiacs with the strangest methods ... like posting the intended fraud online. :cool:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
it is still insurance fraud ... every fraudster thinks they will get away with it ... however investigators sometimes catch these brainiacs with the strangest methods ... like posting the intended fraud online. :cool:

You must have some hard core investigators in Canada. :p

ebolamonkey3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
Boston
Even w/ those damages, you'd still be able to sell it for some money on ebay. I'd recommend against insurance fraud though.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
For cracked screens and water damage at least here in the US I believe it's 199 for a replacement from apple. Not sure what they'd say about a few little scuffs though.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Fit a zagg style skin on it and a bumper case = sorted.

I dropped my iPhone 4 onto a hard concrete warehouse floor resulting in the glass on the bottom left hand side being scuffed but only noticeably if you run your thumb on it.

It was laid face down and i was hesitant at actually picking it up at first !

After a few seconds of first elation that the screen was not cracked and then a slight feeling of woe at the damage, i fitted the bumper and was on my way !

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I would take out an insurance policy on your wife, then kill her but make it look like an accident, then file a claim, get paid and go buy a new iPhone to replace the one that you dropped.

It's that easy.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I would take out an insurance policy on your wife, then kill her but make it look like an accident, then file a claim, get paid and go buy a new iPhone to replace the one that you dropped.

It's that easy.

thats a little harsh :eek: ... however if she scratches your iPad ... you are justified

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.