How much for an Iphone 4? what did yours cost you and whats the worst deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonefouruser, Oct 3, 2010.

1. iphonefouruser macrumors newbie

I bought my phone direct for just shy of 600 quid from apple (32 gig model). It took 3 weeks to arrive. Today I saw an ad from a manchester based outfit who have in the past supplied stuff at reasonable prices. You do have to wonder about their pricing plans on the iphone though. The mail I got (I once bought something off them so am now on the mailing list and am apparently a loyal mug... erm, customer) offered 100 pounds off the price of an iphone 4. Viewing the page for the 100 pounds off showed a normal price of 750 quid for a 32 gig ip4? reduced to 700 pounds but with 5 silicon covers worth 50 pounds (SERIOUSLY?) added into the deal.

With the 50 pounds off the 750 (stop laughing at the back) along with the 50 pounds worth of silicon covers, it equated to the quoted 100 pound saving (it was actually 99.99 but who is counting a penny). The phone and covers then coming in at the LOL price of 700 quid.

It got me wondering about what others have paid for their phones and if there were any more 'good deals' that weren't that good when you actually saw them.

As a quick aside, one of my friends got his T-mobile supplied 16 gig Iphone 4 last week and it came with 4.01. Nobody more surprised at that than me. JB'd the same day so he was very happy.

getting back to that 100 pound saving for an iphone 4 though? anyone else seen it priced so badly?

http://expansys.aeml1.co.uk/expansyslz//lz.aspx?p1=05020991S8411&CC=&p=0

Attached Files:

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I already am starting to see a potential issue with this thread as it will depend on currencies and ever changing exchange rates, but here we go anyway:

Bought my 16 GB model at the US AT&T subsidized price of $199, anyone who got the 32 GB model in the US from AT&T paid $299 for the subsidized rate.

Not sure there will be much more relevant discussion from the US AT&T end of things (short of refurbs and unsubsidized iPhones, but those rates will be standard too).

3. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

In Japan, you get the 16GB iPhone 4 for free with a two-year contract with Softbank. The 32GB model is available for 11,520 yen (about $140 US) when purchased with a two-year contract.

4. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

i bought my contract-free unlocked iPhone 4 32gb white a few days after the canadian launch day in toronto for 880$ (with taxes) :) ... don't flame about it being impossible that i have a white iphone 4 because in certain parts of the world (not canada anymore) apple does sell limited quantities of white iphone 4's... the only problem apple is facing with the white iphone 4's is the production of them, they don't want to spend the money for a new assembly line for only white iphones when they can stock up on black ones and convert the black assembly line into a white assembly line for a while.

5. spikefood macrumors regular

Until you provide any proof then I'm going to say no. It was not a process of them not being able to make enough white iphones it was an issue of the flash bleeding out into the camera. So no, you didn't buy a OFFICIAL white iphone. Had you actually purchased one there would be a media swarm screaming "its finally come, but in limited quantities"

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

How come I dont believe you?

7. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Bought my iPhone4 16gb from the AT&T store....with CA tax.

I think I win here in the US...unless someone bought the 32GB here in California...that's even more of a rip.

8. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

...i think im about to get ripped off next week lolz

9. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Haha just be aware that you're about to pay tax on the FULL PRICE of the phone. Ya know...California has to get theirs remember?
    :p

10. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Handset 29£ for the 16gb model from vodafone on a 2 year contract!

11. anthdci macrumors 6502

I got my 32GB version on a 18 month contract with O2. Handset cost £29 and I pay £65 per month for unlimited calls, unlimited text and 2GB worth of data. After 9 months I can downgrade a level per month. So month 10 will be £55 month 11 will be £45 etc then the rest £35. I did it this way because I worked out the total cost of buying the handset plus the monthly bills, and this way means it costs me £20 extra over the term but for half of it I've got unlimited calls, a higher data allowance, and I didn't have to pull out £200-£300 at the start.

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

£179 for a 16GB on O2 at £30 per month on a 24 month contract.

I don't need the 300 minutes I get with this contract so I'll drop down to the £25 tariff after 9 months. If I'd signed up at £25 a month the phone would have cost £279, so I'll be saving £55. :)

13. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

~$1000 in Denmark for the 32GB version which includes a 6 month contract, giving you free SMS/MMS, 20GB data and 5 hours of talk per month (free talk with people on the same network).

Incidentally, that's what an unlocked iPhone 4 32GB goes for in Denmark direct from Apple.

The real kicker is that after the 6 months you can have it unlocked for free and use with any network.

14. iphonefouruser thread starter macrumors newbie

yep you are right, I didn't take into consideration the amount of overseas users. shows my usual forums are UK only doesnt it? the late hour didnt help either..

I should also have added 'for those buying it cheap with a contract (or even getting it with no initial outlay), it could be useful to know the Tarriff as well. I know some are getting them for free but the contracts are often 2 years and high monthly costs, especially so for some with internet costs outside of the monthly bill.

Sorry if I left it too open ended. But the whole 750 pound price tag for a UK 32 gig just couldnt be left unmentioned

15. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

At least he got the price after tax right lol.

As for me, I bought my iPhone 4 unlocked here in Canada for $880 CAD after taxes.

16. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

yeah, thats whats holding me back on getting the 32gb one.

Edit: ...unless i buy it at walmart.

17. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

32GB Black iP4 Model Here paid $299 plus tax.:D

I would love for Apple to sell an Unlocked version in the USA, just so that when I go out of the Country to Italy, I could just pick up a cheap SIM there to use while on vacation, otherwise I will always go for the 32GB model until they no longer make this version, maybe next year the 32GB will be the bottom and they will come out with a 64GB for those who need the storage.