How much is no commitment / no contract iP5 for all models?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apierrec, Sep 22, 2012.

1. apierrec macrumors 6502

How much are they selling Sprint or Verizon or AT&T no commitment / off contract16 GB or 32 GB or 64 GB in Apple Store or Best Buy or carriers etc?

BB telling me that a 32 GB iP5 no commitment Verizon is $799 but am seeing somewhere it should be $749.

Thanks.

2. jlaw macrumors member

Apple's price is $649/$749/$849. Some retailers mark that up.

3. apierrec, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

apierrec thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that's what am finding at. BB telling me they will not make money if they sell it as $749 as well. But it does not make any sense to me since for the subsidized pricings, they don't jack it up (guess, they are not losing any money out it). I meant they just like everybody - they price the subsidized models $199, $299, $399 respectively. BS - they just want more profit, right? :) Or they have deals with the carriers that will get them higher commission / more profit with subsidized pricing?

$50 saving for me is huge! :D

How much is it on Walmart or Radio Shack?

Price matching should work in BB, right?

4. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a

With carriers denying culpability for phones that are scratched/scuffed up out of the box, you may be better off just buying directly from an apple store or apple.com, so that you can get it exchanged easily.

Lots of reports of verizon and at&t refusing to help out customers who had scuffed/scratched phones out of the box. Your call.

5. apierrec, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

apierrec thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that info.

I don't want to pay cash or charge it in cc at this time. But I will have problem sleeping if I can't take that beauty home later.

I'll be using my BB rewards account, no interest for 1 year.

And I want and need that $50 savings so I don't have to pay extra cash / charge it in my cc.

* OT tldr cool story drama, sorry: I can live with tiny unnoticeable out of the box scuffs as am a risk taker (the iP5 will get them eventually) asl I want that thing of beauty naked all the time. I have no plan selling it just like my other iPhones. Cases on iPhones are stupid and makes them ugly. For iPhones spend your money in insurance, not cases. For other things, insurance is stupid as well but with iPhones, it's another story ... :D

If they get scuff and scratches because of my normal or abuse, my life will go on. As it will look like, am worry free and I've enjoyed it. :D

$749 is too much already, why they are punishing me with an additional $50? :D

6. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Where did the term "no commitment" suddenly spring up from? It means exactly the same as "no contract" phone, right?

This is really the first time I'm hearing it.

7. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes. No-commitment is AT&T's terminology for it. Technically it isn't the same as unlocked since AT&T stores will lock them anyway (Apple stores usually won't), but now you can get them to unlock it. All it means is that buying it doesn't extend your contract.

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Ah, thanks for explaining! That makes sense.