How much *other* did you have to make you want to set up new iphone as new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 2, 2012.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Those who did set it up as new. How much did you have in other when you logged onto itunes and did that make you decide to set your iphone 5 as new instead of backing up?

I currently have 1.68 GB in other so my question is when i get the 5 should I set the phone up as new? is 1.68 alot?

2. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I setup as new, with about the same amount as "Other". I avoided some of the battery issues some have mentioned, and it just seemed the right way to do it.

Have all my music, apps, Others, and photos as I did before. Just took a bit longer to copy everything over, but well worth it to me. YMMV...

4. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

On my iPhone 4, I started with 5.4!! This, I know, was too much. Some problem with my music files. I cut them all and just reloaded the music, and went down to 1.6

When my iPhone 5 came, I did a restore from backup on iTunes. In other works, the easiest way. My other went to 0.9.

So you might try the easy restore from backup. If not happy, then do the set up as new.

By the way, restore from backup worked fine for me, my "other" went down, battery life is fine, etc.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Is there a way to keep my photos? as I have a fair few videos I want to keep as well