how much pressure can you put on the aluminum unibody?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevinli123, Jul 3, 2010.

1. kevinli123 macrumors newbie

i have a 15" macbook pro unibody mid-2010 and i love it but i'm afraid the unibody aluminum near the palm would just collapse if i put too much pressure on it. how much pressure can it hold?

i have a bit of ocd and im so nervous. it doesnt seem bent or anything but i accidentely pressed way too hard and im afraid its weaker now?

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

I don't have exact numbers. But I've accidentally pushed down on my MBP (where the palms normally rest) when going to stand up from my desk. Absolutely no problems from that momentary burst of pressure.

You should be fine, just play it safe. :cool:

3. kevinli123 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, it seems fine, i did exactly what u did but with only a bit of pressure

4. RT2020 macrumors regular

Yes. You have OCD. Rest assured, you don't have enough muscle strength to dent or weaken it. You'll need blunt impact to do that.

Sorry, but this is just ridiculous. It's not a newborn. Its an electronic device.

5. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

It's a $1500+ piece of equipment. There's nothing ridiculous about being so concerned, or asking for clarification on an issue like that.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...return it and get a uni-whitebook so when you crack it applecare will replace it for you... a dented uniMBP is accidental damage and NOT usually covered:p

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

I agree. It's made from milled aluminum. I doubt you would worry so about a plastic windows laptop, regardless of cost, all notebooks cost several hundred dollars. These comments just seems to be because of the stigmatism that MacBooks are delicate fragile pieces of art. When in fact they are stronger and sturdier than plastic windows laptops.

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It seems to be quite strong. I've put a fair bit of pressure and it hasn't bent, unlike the plasitc MacBooks.