How much pure battery life do you get when browsing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surjavarman, May 26, 2012.

1. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

How much of pure hours of screen time do you get when you browse the web using the stock ios browser on 3G while BT/GPS/WIFI/auto sync or any push notification is disabled.

Assuming mostly text based websites are visited and the phone in question is the iphone 4s with 100% of battery life.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Apple claims 6 hours. I would say that is pretty accurate.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

As much as I prefer my iPhone 4S over the other smartphones I have, I no longer use it for browsing.

I find the 4.7" display on my HTC One X a very nice size that makes working on the web a great experience as far as smartphones are concerned. Being highly mobile & needing the web for work, a smartphone with a spacious display is a true pleasure.

My ideal iPhone, one that I could actually get excited over, would have a display size between 4.5 to 4.8". Oh how I wish Apple would offer two models, just like they do with laptops. If they kept the 3.5" for all those who swear by them, then build a 4.5" for those of us who are heavy browsers, they'd make more money than they realize.

4. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

What does that have to do with answering the OP's question?!?

I agree with lordofthereef, I would probably get around 6 hours (give or take) depending on the cell signal at the time.