How much should I sell my 2009 MBP for parts? Details inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andyACEcandy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I have a pretty dinged up 2009 MBP with 8gb ram upgrade and brand new battery. My HD started failing and the computer doesn't load anymore so it's either the HD or the SATA connection. Also, my wife spilled water on the keyboard and the right side is kind of messed up... the J U M P and semi colons don't work lol.
    The body itself is pretty scratched up and dinged up but not horrible.

I'm listing it for $200 cash on Craigslist and have gotten quite a few people interested but throwing me offers of $150. I'm holding firm at $200 for now... Thoughts?

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

I sold my late 2009 13" cMBP on Craigslist as a Parts only computer for $80.00 (the battery was shot, the keyboard was acting up bad, and it didn't have a HDD/charger)..even though it came with the box, install disks, and all it needed was a new HDD/SSD, and it would run fine. (I even included the 4GB of ram I installed, along with the original 2GB it came with.

I also removed the 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and sold it for $120.

And I decided to keep the newer charger as a back up (I purchased the Magsafe to Magsafe 2 converter for $11.00)

So in the end, I got my Haswell 13"/2.6/256/16GB for only $1,540.18.

3. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm this post tells me to gladly accept any $200 offers I actually get...

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Your area is better than mine! I have a mid-2009 13" MBP as well. The only things wrong with it are that it won't boot (probably SATA cable; the HDD is 6 months old) and the battery needs servicing. MagSafe is also pretty new. Listed for $200 and got offers in the $75 range but haven't taken any of them. Not sure if it makes a difference that I listed it with the original 2gb of ram instead of the 8gb I had installed. It also has a sleep/wake issue when it does boot. Cosmetic condition is good, just a few minor scratches.

5. triplelucky macrumors regular

Ok.

Its old. Its dinged up. Its had liquid spilled on it. It doesn’t work.
    What is the point of holding out for $200 if you have an offer of $150?

Sell it. Whoever buys it is going to need to work out all the issues….

and then if they’re lucky they may end up with an old dinged up MBP that works well.

6. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whoa... some guy just bought it from me for $200. Houston area for what it's worth. I had multiple offers at $150 and $180 so I just kept holding out and one of them agreed to the $200.
    Considering myself lucky...

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Dang. Nothing like that in Kansas City! Congrats.