How much should I sell SS 42mm Classic Buckle + Stand + Sports band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kingc0bra, Nov 3, 2015.

1. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

How much could I ask for it?

I currently have it for $700 on Craigslist which seems fair since it would cost $850 for these items new and my watch is barely used and just sitting there...

What do you guys think?

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

The bands really don't hold value well. You also lose money on bundles because it's buying all the items even if you don't want them all. I think that is high. In a large market to see other CL ads in your area?

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

I'd say $550. The watch with leather band is $699. The stand and extra band are kind of a wash used.

4. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

That's pretty low...the watch + tax + the other parts brings it to $850.

So sell it $300 off? That seems crazy for a newer Apple product...

5. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

What do you think is a fair deal for this?

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

650-700

7. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Where are you getting $850 from?

Watch: $699
    Band: $50
    Stand: $100??
    Tax: Irrelevant. You're not going to recouperate tax.

This is a wear and tear item. They aren't going to hold value well.

I wouldn't pay over $550 for a used and worn $699 watch, even with an extra band.

8. radiohead1075 macrumors member

Was going to say $550. Typically you lose about 1/3 of the original value (selling a used item like this).

9. OBirder macrumors member

42mm SS with Sports Band is $599 - Take 1/3 off and it's $400. I assume the Classic Buckle is the old one which is has already been obsoleted and replaced with a newer one. I had the old Classic Buckle and returned it after 3 days since it was not worth it's money. At best it's another $50. $10 for a used stand. That makes for $460.
    $550 would be at best for your used setup.
    For $700 I buy a new 42mm SS with Milanese or Leather Loop and forget about second band and stand.

10. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

11. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple is about to hit you with the slap of reality.

Or perhaps the Market will...

Either way you aren't going to get anything like what you are hoping for. Especially since Apple's got warehouses of fresh new watches sitting there unsold, going obsolete.

12. alFR macrumors 68020

If you think that you really don't understand anything about how they manage their supply chain/inventory. They are well-known for having minimal unsold product in inventory at any one time...

13. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

They don't have lots of inventory sitting in a warehouse - the original launch had shipping dates slip so obvious the first wave didn't have left overs. Since then they would manage the demand and keep up with it.

14. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Would you pay 80% of the new price for a used item?

Market sets the price, not you. I'd be surprised if you get more than $550 like the other people have said on here.

15. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

No one said I'll recoup the tax, I said the $850 is the total with tax so considering whoever buys this wont be paying any tax vs buying retail, pricing it at $550 is $300 off the retail price

I guess people on here underestimate the value of Apple products, I thought people specially on here would understand the value, but maybe people are just extra cheap on here

16. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

Funny enough everyone here is wrong since I've already got an offer for $650 for the bundle and declined it

so clearly everyone here has no clue of the value of Apple products or like I said before, everyone may just be extra picky and cheap when it comes to used items

17. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I sold a 42mm with the new classic buckle (not the old one), a sport band, and Applecare+ for $625. Everyone here is right, you are going to get $550. Sorry but that's reality, nobody is going to look at it as $300 off, they are going to look at it as a lot of money for a used product.

18. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

So you ask for help, and then bash the people that try to help you?

I have a clue because I just bought nearly the same package used that you are selling. Used gear is worth what someone will pay.

Best of luck with your sale.

19. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

If true, you made a mistake. Should have taken the money and run to the bank.

20. kingc0bra thread starter macrumors regular

kingc0bra

"a lot of money for a used product"

That absolutely makes no sense....is a used imac selling for $1500-2000 a lot of money because its used too? It's all relative to its worth when new.

When you shop for something used, do you not compare with how much it costs new to figure out if its a good deal? If you don't then you must be getting numbers out of thin air

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

They are well known for convincing the public of that. Your post is proof. Apple has done a wonderful job of getting their users to believe everything they say. No one spins a story or is as clever with their marketing plans than Apple :)

To the watch: unlike the wildly popular, always in demand iPhone, AW is a product with very limited appeal. And that's fine because Apple doesn't need the watch to be profitable or sell in quantities. Extremely successful, fat and happy, Apples now in a position where they can do anything. Oh sure to save face it's important to create a successful image but that's about it.

22. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I have no idea why you bothered to ask the original question since everyone who has responded to you, you've attacked. I sold a 42mm and shared my results. Apparently you are smarter than everyone here so maybe you should just go sell your watch.

23. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

And don't refuse $650 offers (which I will never believe) because suckers like those are rare. :D

24. alFR macrumors 68020

Er, no, their inventory levels are pretty clear from their quarterly results. Gartner seem to agree with me, because they've ranked Apple top in supply chain management for the last 7 years and this year ranked them "Supply Chain Master": according to their reports Apple turns its inventory over every 5 days. Any conflicting evidence you'd care to link to? Because if not I'm going to conclude you're just making that up.