How Much Should iPad 2 Cost in Beijing, on May 6th? Also, iPad 2 Refurbs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, May 3, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Oh man, oh man.

Living in Xingtai is killing me without a lack of a proper Apple Store. I've stumbled upon fake Apple shops with the Apple logo itself either backwards or somewhat chewed up (like a real apple..)

Nevertheless, these fake Apple stores have only a handful of iPad 2 and are selling them for much too much. 16GB iPad2 for $900-$1200...and the price only goes up. The iPad1 is going for $441, for 16GB. . . .

I know May 6th the iPad 2 goes on sale in China, with my nearest Apple store in Beijing, 3 hours north by train. I might be down :D.

My concern is that all other Apple products are more expensive here in China than back in the U.S.; a shuffle costs $60, 8GB Touch costs $260, MBP costs $1300 when its $1100 back home. . . If the iPad2 is subjected similar to these costs then I may not be willing to purchase it here in China, but I ask because my internet is China is subpar, considering The Great Firewall of China.

In order words, what I'm (kindly) asking is if anyone knows of any possible prices of what the new iPad 2 may be, i'd really appreciate it.

I wonder what was the opening price of the iPad 1 in China?

Secondly:

How long was it till the Apple Store online began selling refurbs of the iPad 1 after its debut? :eek:

2. piratebill macrumors newbie

iPad 2 cost

My wife and I will be swinging through Beijing on the 19th and 20th of May and later in June. If you are still looking for an iPad 2 or an iPad original for that matter, let me know. I am already bringing a few from the States for others as "gifts" and can always throw another in our bags. Let me know if you're interested.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you so much; this is why I love the MR community.

Sadly however, I'll be flying out of Beijing this coming Tuesday as my adventure in China will come to an end. The good news is that i'll be flying to NYC and will visit the 5th Ave. Apple Store and snatch up an iPad then....

If all goes well I should have an iPad by the end of next week. :D