How much video do you watch on your phone? (per month)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miamialley, Aug 31, 2014.

?

How much do you watch video on your phone and what do you watch? (per month)

1. Zero

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Less than 15 minutes

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. 15 to 60 minutes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. 1 to 5 hours

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. 5 to 10 hours

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. 10-20 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 20+ hours

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Just was listening to an "analyst" talk about how often people watch video on their phones as a primary reason Apple would make an iPhone with a larger screen. I think that's stupid. So how much do you watch video on your phone and what do you watch (per month)?

The only thing I watch are random youtube clips, usually sent by friends. Definitely not over an hour per month.

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Very occasionally watch a quick video. More likely to use my iPad or iMac for more screen estate.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Random facebook shorts, youtube, etc.

No 'movies', 4.7 or 5.5 is still miserable for that.

Just like the bigger and bigger suv craze. Bigger and bigger engine. Bigger house.

Americans crave bigger and bigger phones.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

YouTube videos and some TV shows. I've never watched a movie on my phone though. I prefer to use my ipad but there are some times when my phone is more convenient/comfortable.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

The odd YouTube vid and occasionally ones through Facebook.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Even a 5.5" screen would not increase video use on my phone. I will be getting the 4.7" iPhone 6.

Video is great on my iPad.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Zero to less then 15 minutes. The odd Facebook video is probably the only thing I may see.

8. Linkiepoo macrumors newbie

Less then one hour, most of the time on iPad or mac

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

It might for a while. I think the thing is after you get used to the increaed screen size it starts to seem small again compared to a tablet. I didn't really watch any more videos on my note 3 than my S4. I'm not watching any less videos now that I have an S5 instead of the note 3. When I look at the note 3 it looks big to me now, however it's almost like an illusion lol

I much prefer my iPad Air. It's the perfect size. I don't like computers because they are too heavy and take too long to boot up compared to a tablet which is ready to go. My chrome book is light and fast but the resolution and quality of the screen puts me off using it for watching videos.

10. Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

Wahlstrm

2min clip from Facebook a day = 60min /month

I think it´s somewhere around there :)

11. Izauze macrumors 6502

The REASON I watch so little video on my phone is because of how little it is. I watch a ton on my iPad mini. I also have no doubt I'd watch more on the 5.5" then on the 4.0" (Except, yes 1080p, I get it - there is no 5.5")

12. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I should have said I have a 5" screen on my Galaxy S4 and still don't watch video.

13. cynics macrumors G4

I don't watch too much video on my iPhone. Facebook and YouTube links day to day. Maybe a movie or something if I'm unexpectedly trapped someplace like an airport delay.

I don't because of screen size and eye strain. Around 5" screen seems ok for me for watching videos for extended periods of time.

14. I7guy macrumors G5

About two hours a day of the major news outlets. The size of the 5s is perfect for that. Surprisingly it's not the worst experience. Coast to coast flights, iPad all the way.

15. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Accumulated, probably around an hour a month. However I don't watch anything for more than ten minutes on my phone at one time.

Even on my iPad I only watch films or TV programmes when there's no other option - like when I'm on the bus or a plane. Otherwise, what's the point of the 55" plasma in my living room?!

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I used to watch YouTube videos all night on my iPhone 2G and iPhone 4. Maybe three hours a day? So easily 20 hours.

I don't do that anymore though. It's usually just 5 minutes every few days now. YouTube became a PITA to deal with when it became its own app, so unless it's referenced on a page, I usually don't use it.

My brother is the one who watches videos all day, everyday.

17. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Usually just random videos that aren't very long like YouTube or Facebook. It's just easier on my iPad mini or rMBP. Plus that's where my movies are stored and where I can access Netflix.

A bigger iPhone probably wouldn't change things because I don't want it to be bigger anyway. Plus I don't want the temptation of LTE and Netflix. My data allotment doesn't allow for that.

18. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Less than 15 minutes. The screen on the iPhone 4 is too small to comfortably watch videos.