how much will an unopened mac book air depreciate over the next month or so?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sensithreads, Feb 10, 2010.

1. sensithreads macrumors newbie

sensithreads

My uni are buying me a mac book air for £1150. Because it is a one year course I want to arrange for the thing asap, unless they say it is too late in the year and it is now not justified. I was gonna wait for the mbp update and add a few £100's and get one of them caz i wanna do video editing with progs like final cut pro, however I'm thinking about just getting the air now instead, not opening it and selling it on/sending it back once the mbp update finally comes. What sort of depreciation should I expect to see in the the thing over the next month?

Thanking you for your advice in advance.

2. PAC88 macrumors 6502

It will depreciate at a rate of 0.7359% per day over the next month. And if the Macbook Air gets updated soon then expect depreciation to be about 1.4529% per day over the next month or so.

3. sensithreads thread starter macrumors newbie

sensithreads

4. vant macrumors 65816

Uh, no you are wrong. According to my figures it is about 0.5483% per a day if it does not get updated. If it does receive an update it is about 2.5748% per a day.

5. psingh01 macrumors 65816

They are buying it for you at no cost to you? I'd just take it now and use it! Worry about the value when it's your money, when it's free you take it and be happy.

6. Comma macrumors member

Are you sure you got that second figure correct? You may have forgotten to include variable inflation relative to growth into account.

7. vant macrumors 65816

I did. Thats part of the reason why there was an increase of 1.1219% compared to PAC's figures.

8. sensithreads thread starter macrumors newbie

sensithreads

hmm. second thoughts i'm just gonna get the mbp and hope and pray we get an update within 2 weeks of delivery. was thinking bout it and because i'm getting it with no tax because it's eduational it makes sense to get the better machine. thanks for the useful figures nonetheless :cool:

9. gerlewis macrumors newbie

I will offer you these magic beans in exchange for your macbook air.

10. Richyrich1975 macrumors member