how much will mbp of 2010 drop once 2011 ver comes out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jvmxtra, Jan 23, 2011.

  1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

    jvmxtra

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    #1
    my other option other than buying a new 2011 mbp is to buy 2010 15 inch high res mbp(lowest one in terms of cpu).

    Does anyone know based on past how much it will drop by?(official price and ebay)...
     
  2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    #2
    If memory serves me correct, it'll be $500 cheaper.
     
  3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2010
    #3
    They usually dont drop much. They'll most likely be added to the refurb store for the same prices they are at now in there.
     
  4. kndawg07 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #4
    when are they expected to be released this year?
     
  5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    #5
    It depends on what the 2011 version has.

    For example, if Apple drops the Optical Drive and just does mediocre things with the space gained I'm betting some folks that want a MBP with an OD will pay a bit more for a 2010 version than what they normally bring.

    Or... if Apple just uses Intel integrated graphics in the new MBP13 then people may feel disappointed.

    Or still yet... if the MBP13 is discontinued entirely. :eek:

    All conjecture of course. I have nothing to support any of the above.
     
  6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #6
    Soon.
     
  7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #7
    So many factors cone into play, most of which are unknown. The best guess you can make is by studying eBay. Look at what's selling, look at completed auctions and what the specs are. I think a lot of times buyers are buying to the spec and not necessarily to the year. They are looking at CPU clock speed and screen size mostly. It's not like a car where year trumps specs. I don expect 2010's to take a major hit. A small percentage of folks really care about one gen vs the next. They care that it's an i5/i7, how many cores, and what speed it's at.
     
  8. riz78612 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    #8
    about 33% cheaper

    about 33% cheaper on apple refurbished site.

    Ebay can range anything really depends how desperate people get trying to sell it.

    You can check the 2009 models and see how much difference they are to the 2010 models.

    The 2008/2009/2010 are all unibody very simialr design. Specs are differnece battery power better each edition, more USB ports etc.

    Depends what do you really need it for...if you dont mind going for the older 2008 /2009 and just upgrading the ram it will cheaper for you that way if price is an issue.
     
  9. kndawg07 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #9
    I was just about to purchase a 2.4 (MBP 13) in a few weeks when my Financial Aid at the college was totally figured out. Should I wait?
     
  10. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

    leftywamumonkey

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Location:
    California
    #10
    The prices for the refurbished Macbook Pros dropped when I checked yesterday.
    The base 13" MBP went from 1019 to 999 USD, for example. Most of them seem to have went down just a little.
     
  11. riz78612 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    #11
    No annocument

    No annocument yet.

    Its been nearly 7 months. Latest 12 months MBP will be updated unless they go on waiting like they did with the last MBA update which first time took over a year.

    Roughly every 6-10 months. check buyers guide:

    Last Release April 13, 2010
    Days Since Update 286 (Avg = 208)

    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
     
  12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

    Apple OC

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    Location:
    Hogtown
    #12
    Yes you should wait :cool:
     
  13. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #13
    Wait if you want all the CPU you can get, and especially if you don't need it just yet.
     
  14. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

    jvmxtra

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    #14
    I can't really go for any of pre 2010 since I need the high res option as I do look at big log files and program.

    I really do wish it becomes 33% cheaper as I can go for mbp i5 high res (and basic cpu model) at around $1200 bucks... I might jump to this route if price is right for 2010 and 2011 did not change as much as I would hope for.

    IF 2011 due to sand bridge, lowers the heat tremendously, I might have to go for 2011 one no matter what but I doubt it. I don't care for thinness as I already like current form.
     
  15. splashnader macrumors 6502a

    splashnader

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2008
    Location:
    Via Satellite
    #15
    My guess is that Feb-March time frame. I think that period is going to be quite active for Apple in releasing new/updated products.
     

Share This Page