How much will my first Sprint bill be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 26, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am wondering how much will my first Sprint bill be, since I have AutoPay setup in order to save on the $4.99 Account Spending Limit fee (yeah I am one of the bad credit customers).

My Plan:

$69.99 450 Minute/Unlimited Data
    $10.00 Premium Device Charge
    $4.99 ASL Fee
    +
    $36 Activation Fee
    Figure about $10-$15 in taxes
    ---
    Around $131 or so? I hope so, but I have heard that people get bill shocks of $244 or so on the first bill. How much was your first bill if you guys already got it? My billing cycle ends tomorrow, as I got my phone on the 21st.

--I get an 18% employee discount, but it won't discount me until 1-2 more billing cycles it says.

2. emaja macrumors 68000

With a lot of plans - like my AT&T and Verizon accounts - you are also billed one month in advance. Why not call Sprint and ask? They will give you can approximate bill without taxes.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It's all due to the proration. The best way to avoid proration is to activate your new phone on either day of or day before your billing cycle. So say, if your billing cycle starts on the 14th, and you activated your new 5 on the 30th the same month. You'll be paying 14th-30th of your old plan, two weeks of your new iP5 plan 30th-13th , plus 1 month in advance. That's why people see these astronomical bill when they upgrade.

When I got my 4S, I waited to purchase and activate the day before my billing cycle, so I only got prorated 1 day.

It all depends on the start of your billing cycle and when you activated your new phone. It took me a while to understand Sprints way of billing.

4. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I can't figure out what my billing date will be if I am a new customer to setup like that. The CS rep said expect my first bill to be $130, which is fine. I'm just afraid it'll be $500 because of "pro rates"

5. emaja macrumors 68000

You should be able to pull your account up online to find out your bill's cycle date. It will likely be 30 days from when you opening the line - maybe not though. Check with Sprint. Then, take your monthly rate - which is likely on your contract - and divide that by 30. Then multiply that by the number of days in your first cycle. That's how the proration works.

The only way to know this all for sure is to talk to Sprint. Call them and they will give you the answer you want - and it will be correct instead of all of us guessing.