How my UK carrier tries to persuade me not to get an iphone:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unregbaron, Sep 5, 2008.

1. unregbaron macrumors regular

In an email about something else I told them I would be leaving them soon to get an iphone, this their response, thought others might find it interesting. I am currently with Three ( http://www.three.co.uk ) and their reasons belo do not tempt me to stay.

--

We have four devices which can match with the iPhone - Sony Ericsson C902, HTC TyTn 2, Nokia N95 8GB and the LG Viewty

• Sony Ericsson C902 has a 160MB memory built into the phone which enables you to store up to 100 full resolution photos. The C902 offers a 5Mp camera with auto focus ensuring you always have perfect, professional photos.

• Sony Ericsson C902 and HTC TyTN 2 come with HSDPA for Broadband speed mobile internet. Maintenance of our phones is very straightforward and doesn’t require additional trips to the store (iPhone needs to be returned to Apple service centre for a new battery.

• The iPhone user interface is unique but we have devices that provide a fantastic experience at competitive prices. HTC TyTn 2 offers built in GPS so there is no reason to ever be lost!

• Our phones allow customers to forward their text message onto friends whereas the iPhone does not have the forward option when it comes to sending a text message.

• The Sony Ericsson C902 and HTC TyTn 2 allow you to talk to up to 5 hours however, recent reports state that the iPhone battery lasts no more than 3 hours

• Our phones have MMS functionality whereas the iPhone does not.

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well they do raise some interesting points and you would hardly expect them to say yeah the iPhone is great.

No it does not have MMS which is a.) stupid and b.) ridiculous

Heres to 2.1 or SwirlyMMS.

4. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Interesting. Kinda feel sorry for them in a way because of the iPhone exclusivity deal.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Sorry for them? You should be sorry for us.

6. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

yeah really. i just had to restore mine for like the 5th time.
    :rolleyes::mad::eek:

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If they're gonna lie, why not just claim it gets an hour. That sounds even better! :rolleyes:

Might as well stop right there. Unless the rest of the sentence is "our phones print money." But somehow I doubt that.